View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
randomly stops extruder retraction 30% of the way in
by >rob_trama

i am using matterslice and occasionally (meaning only on some prints of a duplicate part) the extruder wont retract on a non print move that crosses perimeters. i have checked my settings repeatedly and i am not sure where the problem is. some times it prints the part with no issues and other times it doesnt.

i have also noticed that when printing circular geometry that it will over extruded on the very beginning of the outside and inside perimeters at random points causing uniform blobs on both inside and outside of a wall. i have physically witnessed the extruder gears ramp up at a higher speed when that happens and then be fine on other layers.

i have tried using slic3r or cura for my slicing engine and so far they both report errors while trying to generate gcode and have yet to work

any help would be great

rob_trama - December 26th, 2015 at 12:21p.m.

Could you post a gcode file and some picture showing where the retractions are not occurring? I think there are still some edge cases where retractions do not happen.

Also, could you please move this discussion over to the new forum? This old forum is being shut down.

tanderson - December 29th, 2015 at 11:56a.m.