View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Remove Post
matter control won't connect to Rostock M2
by james kuehn

Hello
I have 2 mac pro towers that I had previously used with MC to print on a Rostock max 2.
Now neither computer can connect to the Rostock. I thought the rambo board was toast, but when I connected a mac laptop it works. I tried all sorts of usb ports, cables, etc with no success. When I successfully printed from the laptop I returned the usb to one of the mac pros and nothing.
Only changes to either computer since my last successful prints on the mac pros was:
1. upgraded to el captain OSX, but the laptop has that too
2. upgraded to matter control 1.4, but the laptop has that too
I have no ideas on how to get these computers connected back up to the Rostock through MatterControl.

james kuehn - October 24th, 2015 at 3:12p.m.

The changes to which you refer (both upgrades) leave much to be determined. If you could narrow it down to either the upgrade to El Capitan or to 1.4 we might be better equipped to narrow down the possibilities. Otherwise, trying to figure out what happened between a complete operating system upgrade and an upgrade of software would be very difficult.

If you want to revert to MatterControl 1.3 to see if that has any effect, it can be downloaded here: http://wiki.mattercontrol.com/Release_Notes

ryan.lutz - October 27th, 2015 at 9:45a.m.

Thanks for that 1.3 link Ryan, I was looking for that.
I was able to get connectivity to the one OSX tower with a SMC reset https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295 on the tower, but connectivity seems to drop mid-print (even with energy/screensavers turned off)
The usb connection works fine on the same computer with a windows 10 bootcamp, so I am ruling out hardware.
Best results are to throw files over to an SD card, which I might just stick with. Just my luck that everything works except how I want it to. (sure that irons itself out)
Thanks for the help and 'GO MATTERCONTROL!'
- james

jameskuehn - November 1st, 2015 at 8:53a.m.