View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Remove Post
robo r1 3d extrusion
by Don Neglia

I have this printer and am experiencing, what I consider to be,a strange problem.
After I preheat the extruder I run an extrusion test to make sure all is well before I print.
Everything works just fine so I hit the print button and the printer starts to go thru the motions of the selected print...problem is it won't extrude any material? So I pause the printer and do another exruder test and again all is good I then hit the resume button and again same problem...no material being extruded? I assume that this is a software problem because the mechanics are working according to the commands.
Any help would be a great help..thanks everyone!

Don Neglia - September 4th, 2015 at 6:01p.m.

Can you see if the extruder gears are moving when its trying to print?

tanderson - September 8th, 2015 at 12:53p.m.

make sure your Z offset is set to .5mm or above. I started at 1mm and worked back to the desired result. Go to settings and controls >printer

By default it is set to 0, which effectivly puts teh extruder nozzle on the bed, smearing a tiny bit of material.

Jim Leonard - November 3rd, 2015 at 1:35p.m.

how does one change this z offset?

Guest - December 22nd, 2015 at 9:15a.m.

Z Offset can be adjusted under Settings & Controls -> Settings -> Printer -> Print Area.

ryan.lutz - December 22nd, 2015 at 9:50a.m.