View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Remove Post
Bridge support
by zappo

Cura does not support speed or flow control on bridges. It also gobbles thin wall bridges.
slic3r has speed or flow control for bridges, but most of the time they don't work.
MatterSlice has a bridge speed control that doesn't seem to work. Are they plans to fully support speed/flow control on MatterSlice? (this would be very very cool)

I can post an issue with details of what I am seeing on github if there really are plans to support. Cura was 100% opposed to any bridge controls, but maybe you guys are more open.

I've been having some great results with bridge attach on hand edited code by running slow, over sizing the span, and doing a 500msec dwell before starting the bridge to establish an anchor point.

At this point, I'll even take gcode that has some way of identifying bridges, and post process it. Was really hoping I could key off of the speed change from MatterSlice.

zappo - December 9th, 2015 at 6:03p.m.

Thanks for the feedback! We're open to adjusting MatterSlice's ability to process bridging and have looked at techniques like Slic3r's flow control for improving MatterSlice.

At the moment tweaking bridging controls is on the long list of things to do, so while we don't expect to have it ready any time soon it is something we want to do eventually.

I've made a note of your suggestions, and if we require any further clarification I will post to this thread.

Thanks again! We really appreciate your help making MatterControl better!

ryan.lutz - December 10th, 2015 at 3:09p.m.