View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
settings
by >erniehatt

I am new to this, and due to power supply failure I cannot test it out, so I am going through things to get the feel of things.
When I do a preview of the model, there seems to be no bottom and top solid layers, and holes in some end faces, I want these to be solid, but cannot find and settings to make thie happen, matter control seems very sparce in it's settings, maybe that's a good thing, maybe not.
I also cannot find how to show an image here.

erniehatt - November 1st, 2015 at 5:02p.m.

MatterControl has different levels of settings complexity so as to eliminate some of the more advanced settings from view.

To view all available controls, navigate to the Settings pane and look to the right, between 'Show Help' and the 'Options' drop down menu. A drop down menu should say either 'Simple', 'Basic', 'Standard', or 'Advanced'. Click it and choose 'Advanced'.

If your model is being generated with no solid top or bottom layers, navigate to 'Settings -> General -> Layers/Surface -> Outer Surface - Top & Bottom' and make sure 'Top Solid Layer' and 'Bottom Solid Layer' are both set to a value greater than 0.

Not sure about the holes in end faces. A picture would be helpful but our forum does not currently support posting pictures directly in a post. You can either email support@matterhackers.com or use an image hosting site like http://imgur.com/ and post the link here.

ryan.lutz - November 2nd, 2015 at 10:16a.m.