View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Remove Post
7 Point leveling -Nozzle too high
by Guest

Hello All,
I tried the 7 point leveling and now when I go to print the nozzle comes down and tries to print about 2 mm from the build plate. And yes, my z height was set correctly. Any ideas?

Guest - November 13th, 2015 at 7:04a.m.

Under Options > Software Print leveling, click on the little pencil icon.

This will show you all the values from the leveling process.

Are any of the Z values negative?

If so, it's likely your firmware doesn't allow you to travel below Z:0, and thus, the leveling won't work properly.

To fix it, add some extra Z height to either your firmware or the EEPROM and re-run the leveling.

Taylor - November 13th, 2015 at 11:18a.m.

Yes some are negative, Thank you for the help, I will give this a try and report back.

Guest - November 13th, 2015 at 12:08p.m.

I tried this and here is how it went. I reset my z height in th eeeprom from 376.18 to 380, I then ran the leveling program and reset my z height to what it should be. The hot end came down about 4mm from the bed and tried to print. Was I not supposed to reset my z height after I ran the leveling program?
Thanks

Guest - November 13th, 2015 at 1:29p.m.

No, you don't reset the height after you run the leveling, The autoleveling takes care of all that.

Based on your z height I'm guessing you have a rostock max. 2-things

1) The 13 point will produce better results on that build size

2) If you have the 269mm diagonal rods, Under Settings > Printer > Print Area, change the bed size to 250 x 250 before you run the leveling.
If you have the new 299mm rods, you don't need to do this. The 269mm rods are very close to horizontal out to the edges, and this can lead to inconsistent results.

Taylor - November 13th, 2015 at 1:40p.m.

Thank you, very helpful!

Guest - November 13th, 2015 at 1:42p.m.

I did this and it appears to be tracking level across the build plate now. One thing though, it is very smashed down on the first layer. Any adjustments for this?

Guest - November 13th, 2015 at 2:34p.m.

Under Settings > Printer > Print Area

there is a Z Offset adjustment.

If you're smashed on the first layer, I'd start with a .1 or .2mm z offset and go from there

Taylor - November 13th, 2015 at 3:17p.m.

Thanks! That worked. I appreciate the help.

Guest - November 13th, 2015 at 5:51p.m.