View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Matter control touch updates
by >palmosc

Have had at least 3 updates so far any place I can see what's changed from updates?

palmosc - March 2nd, 2015 at 2:22a.m.

@Palmosc - We currently do not have a Release Notes page established for the MatterControl Touch. We are currently working to make this available soon.

christopher.moore - March 2nd, 2015 at 1:07p.m.

my MC touch is connected to my network and in the device there is a update but the device says " Retrieving download info...." and it stays there for days did this device came with some defect?

pochin - April 17th, 2015 at 7:52p.m.

sorry and also its connected to the internet that does work

pochin - April 17th, 2015 at 7:53p.m.

I have the same issue. Is says its retrieving download info but nothing changes and has been in this state for days...help please!!

Guest - July 1st, 2015 at 9:02p.m.

Here is a list of troubleshooting steps for MatterControl Touch. If one doesn't fix the problem, move on to the next:
1. From Android Settings -> Date & time, ensure that the date, time, and time zone are correct.
2. Disable Cloud Monitoring on the device you're trying to send TO and then enable it again. It isn't necessary to enable on the device you're trying to send FROM.
3. Sign out out your MatterHackers account and sign back in.
4. Remove the printer from MatterControl and add it again.
5. Clear the MatterControl app data. From Android Settings -> Apps -> MatterControl, hit Clear data.

ryan.lutz - July 2nd, 2015 at 1:35p.m.

Changing the device time zone from the default to the correct local time zone let me update the MatterControl touch software correctly. ie The "retrieving download info" error is gone.

Matt

matt@me3d.com.au - July 2nd, 2015 at 5:25p.m.

anywhere I can see release notes now for MC touch? Glad to see all the update activity anyway....

Guest - November 16th, 2015 at 6:08p.m.

The release notes have been updated to include 1.4.1, which was an MC Touch release made earlier this week. Here is what was included:

• Minor Changes:
    • Enabled new seam hiding code in MatterSlice
    • Enabled 'Pinch to Zoom' on touchscreens
    • Reset view button on model and gcode views
    • Improved STL repair, added handling for bad polygon winding
    • Added Outside perimeter extrusion width setting (Filament -> Extrusion)
    • Added Top Solid Infill speed to MatterSlice
    • Improved to Braille Grade 2 support in Braille Builder
    • Made print leveling dialog easier to use on Touch
    • Made message reports easier to read on Touch
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Improved showing and hiding of the Android keyboard
    • Better startup behavior when a printer plugged in
    • Fixed issue where grouped objects were not moving when scaled
    • Android now resets boards on connect
    • Fixed issue where Infill Overlap was not being used correctly
    • Fixed issue with empty Start GCode
    • General stability improvements
kevin.pope [Moderator] - November 17th, 2015 at 10:52a.m.