View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Update available but won't download
by >PickyBiker

I am running MC 1.4.5367. It indicates there is an update available for my selected channel (Stable). Clicking on "Download Update" goes to "Retrieving download info" and stays in that mode forever.

What's up?

PickyBiker - October 24th, 2015 at 8:20a.m.

Me too - slightly different If I try the view from the cloud it crashed on the same version number saying unfortunately it has stopped. My tablet says an update is ready to install. If I click on Install nothing happens, I go back to the main menu, I start this loop again. So I'm unable to use this out of the box :( first experience.

makerbotspace - October 24th, 2015 at 1:17p.m.

I want to be clear, under updates it shows MC, current version 1.4.0.5376 - then next to launcher it shows Update Ready to Install Current version 0.0.1.5476 the Button next to UPDATE ready to install on the Launcher line seems to do nothing but take me to a line saying No Update Available, when I hit the back button Updates shows 1 and then clicking Updates starts the loop again.

makerbotspace - October 24th, 2015 at 1:27p.m.

There a known bug in MatterControl that causes some corrupt data which prevents updates.

To fix the problem, you'll just need to clear the app's data. If you've got settings you want to keep, make sure you export them first then delete the MatterControl folder in C:/Users/%Username%/AppData/Local/ (AppData may be hidden). Mac OS X and Linux users: Delete the MatterControl folder at ~/.local/share/ (.local may be hidden).

With the data cleared you should be able to run the update.

ryan.lutz - October 26th, 2015 at 11:40a.m.

I'm looking high and low on my macbook (just updated to el capitan), and can't find the local share folder. Any further hints?

Drew Rokeby-Thomas - November 4th, 2015 at 4:32p.m.

@Drew It's there; it's just hidden. Check out this article for un-hiding hidden folders in OS X: http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-show-hidden-files-in-mac-os-x-finder-3520878/

ryan.lutz - November 5th, 2015 at 9:40a.m.

I wanted to take the time to come back and follow up. The folks at MatterHackers have been moving so it was the next Monday they called me. We went through some troubleshooting over the phone. It was determined my tablet was defective. I asked them to test the one coming to me. My son is using it and he gets discouraged easy with 3D printing. Just over a week later I came home to a box. A new tablet and a return shipping label to send the old one back. The new Tablet works flawlessly. I'm so impressed with it I am going to buy another. I want to thank MH for making it right. Excellent service!

makerbotspace - November 9th, 2015 at 7:51a.m.

@makerbotspace Thanks so much for the kind words! We are glad to hear that you guys are back up and printing!

rhonda [Moderator] - November 9th, 2015 at 1:15p.m.