View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Print starting off the print bed
by >coombs

I'm using a Robo 3D R1 and I just upgraded MatterControl to the latest version. Now my prints are starting a mm or so off the print bed. My start g-code is this:

G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle
G28 ; home all axes
;M565 Z-1; set the offset for auto-lveling mechanism
G29; run auto-level
M109 S[temperature] ; set the extruder temp and wait
M300 S440 P200 ;A4: 440
G0 Z5

It has been working fine for over a year now, but all of a sudden, doesn't do the same thing. Any ideas?

coombs - November 25th, 2015 at 2:02p.m.

None of the recent updates to MatterControl should have affected starting print height, but clearly something is causing the issue.

Confirm the following:

1) Z Offset (Settings & Controls -> Settings -> Printer -> Print Area -> Size and Coordinates) is the same now as before the upgrade.
2) That no change has been made to Automatic Print Leveling (Settings & Controls -> Options -> Hardware Settings). Most likely not, as this is not enabled by default for the R1 Plus due to built-in leveling-- I mention it only in case you decided to use MatterControl's leveling instead.

If those are the same, then we'll need to check whether the height difference is being sent by MatterControl, or the instructions are being incorrectly interpreted by the printer.

To best analyze what's going on I'll need a few things from you (instructions in parentheses are for locations in MatterControl software):

1) The STL file(s) you're trying to print
2) The related GCode output (‘Preview’ -> ‘Export’)
3) Slicer settings ('Settings' -> 'Options' -> 'Export')
4) Print log after the failed print (‘Settings & Controls' -> 'Options' (in MatterControl Desktop) or ‘Options’ (in MatterControl Touch) -> ‘GCode terminal’ -> ‘Export’)

5) What build of MatterControl are you running? ('Help' menu -> 'About MatterControl' -> all the way at the bottom: i.e. Build 1.4.0.5376 -- the last four numbers are what's important)

Please email these files and answers to support@matterhackers.com. In order to fully assess the situation I need all files as requested; simply providing a description of the behavior typically isn't helpful and can leave gaps in the deductive process. Once I have everything I asked for I can review to see if anything looks incorrect and get back to you. Thanks!

ryan.lutz - November 30th, 2015 at 12:41p.m.