View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Remove Post
Mac OS10.11 MC won't open
by Kevin Brouelette

Hello.
I was using MC 1.4.0 On my Macbook Pro 2008 and it was running fine and then I upgraded to OSX10.11 from whatever the previous version of OSX was and when I open MC it sits at the dock and never opens. It will show a crash report after 5-10 minutes of sitting there. I saw a post here earlier this weekend [but I don't see it today] with a user that had the same issue and created a new user profile and then it worked when he logged on as that user. I tried that and it didn't work for me.
So if there is any information I can supply to help fix the problem I will gladly send it and your efforts are much appreciated. :)
Thanks and I look forward to seeing the new store when I get out that way.

Kevin Brouelette - November 9th, 2015 at 3:21p.m.

Kevin,

Try this go in to the System Preferences and add new user on your mac. This is for testing so you would be able to remove the user later if you want. Give the user Admin access, then login as that User, DL MC, install it and launch it. Is the same thing happening or is it opening? Please let us know.

Thanks

makerbotspace - November 9th, 2015 at 5:40p.m.

What makerbotspace said. ^

ryan.lutz - November 10th, 2015 at 9:18a.m.

I have the same problem as Kevin
I have done what you advise.
Still impossible to open up Matter control
Incompatibility with Mac OS1.11 El Capitan ???

Guest - November 11th, 2015 at 4:44a.m.