Shapeoko CNC Routers
The Shapeoko 4 CNC Router is a powerful, affordable, and industry-leading CNC machine that is top-rated by individuals, businesses, educators, and makerspaces - top features include:
• Multiple cutting size options to fit any workspace
• Includes the Sweepy 65mm V2 dust boot system
• Hybrid T-slot table option available for dynamic workholding options
• Uses a variety of materials from wood, to plastic, to select metals
• More accuracy with 65mm router mount, rigid v-wheels and reliable belts
• Designed and manufactured in the USA
About Carbide 3D Shapeoko CNC Routers
Customer Success Stories and Reviews for the Shapeoko 4 XXL CNC Router
Zwift Guitars uses the Shapeoko to make guitars. Check out this video on making a guitar body.
"Shapeoko 4 is a well-built, feature-packed machine that offers high value for the money. The CNC router works flawlessly with most soft materials and metals like aluminum." - John from MellowPine.
How big is a Shapeoko CNC?
The Carbide 3D Shapeoko CNC router is available in 3 sizes: the Standard, the XL, and the XXL.
- Shapeoko 4 Standard: 17.5"(X) x 17.5"(Y) x 4"(Z)
- Shapeoko 4 XL: 33"(X) x 17.5"(Y) x 4"(Z)
- Shapeoko 4 XXL: 33"(X) x 33"(Y) x 4"(Z)
What Can You Do With a Shapeoko CNC Machine?
The Carbide 3D Shapeoko 4 is a CNC machine used to cut wood, plastic, and soft metals. It's powerful enough to handle the toughest projects at home and can be used by small businesses for small-scale production parts and end-use products. The Shapeoko 4 is a good investment, as its multi-material machining capabilities allow you to work with more materials in one machine as opposed to multiple power tools taking up your workspace.
Can the Shapeoko 4 Cut Metal?
Yes! The Carbide 3D Shapeoko 4 CNC machine can cut soft, non-ferrous metals, such as aluminum, brass, and copper.
What Materials Can I Machine with the Shapeoko 4 CNC Router?
- Hardwoods, such as:
- Maple, ash, birch, cherry, walnut, oak, and more
- Softwoods, such as:
- Pine, cedar, balsa, and fir
- Plastics, such as:
- ABS, Delrin (Acetal), Polycarbonate, Acrylic (PMMA), Nylon, PET, PVC, Polyethylene and more
- Synthetics & composites, such as:
- Renshape and other Polyurethane resins with fillers, carbon fiber and foams
- Non-ferrous Metals, such as:
- Aluminum, brass, and copper
Is the Shapeoko 4 Accurate?
The Shapeoko 4 CNC is an accurate CNC router due to its top-tier components like rigid V-wheels, 15mm belts that are wider and 60% stiffer than previous models, and sturdy aluminum framework. The Hybrid T-slot table also adds added work building stability due to the bolted grid of aluminum extrusions and wider t-track extrusions to for better leverage that keeps the table square.
What is the Best Software to Use with the Shapeoko 4 CNC?
The Shapeoko 4 uses Carbide Motion and Carbide Create software. Carbide Motion acts as the dashboard for your Shapeoko CNC - it controls how the machine operates. Carbide Create is a CAD/CAM software that lets you design 2D models. Carbide Create software has all the machining tools you need to create basic shapes, booleans, background images, and more. Both of these programs come with the Shapeoko 4.