PEKK comes from the same family of high-performance thermoplastics as the well-known PEEK, and is a polymer possessing unparalleled mechanical properties and resilience at high temperatures. 3DXTECH’s CarbonX CF PEKK-A is made using PEKK-A [60/40 copolymer] and 15% Toray T-800 aerospace-grade chopped carbon fiber. This polymer is used in a wide variety of end-use applications where exceptional thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance is required. When failure is not an option, 3DXTECH's CarbonX PEKK has your back.
3DXTECH CARBONX CF PEKK-A (AEROSPACE) FILAMENT
CarbonX Carbon Fiber PEKK-A (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) aerospace-grade performance is made possible using PEKK (60/40 copolymer) and Toray T-800 aerospace-grade chopped carbon fiber. This combination makes for one of the highest-performance polymer compounds in world. A leading material in the PAEK family, PEKK has exceptionally good mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties. It is also not only substantially easier to print than PEEK.
The premium Toray Aerospace-Grade carbon fiber reinforcement makes this a compound purpose-built for extreme applications which require extreme thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties. CarbonX PEKK products have a lower melt temperature as well as lower rate and degree of crystallinity than PEEK, which aids in the remarkable ease of printing.
A prototype part 3D printed using 3DXTECH's CarbonX series filament
BENEFITS OF CF PEKK-A (AEROSPACE)
- Substantially easier to 3D print than PEEK
- Wide processing window from 345-375°C
- Tg of 160°C, HDT of 150°C, and a Tm of 305°C
- Inherently flame-resistant (UL94 V-0)
- Low smoke generation
- Outstanding mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistances
- 1.75mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 360-390°C
- Bed Temp: 120-140°C
- Nozzle: Hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, up to 140°C if at all possible.
- Supports: ThermaX HTS High-Temp Support is designed to work with complex, high-temp materials like this
- Drying Instructions: 120°C for 4 hours