3DXTech CarbonX PA6+CF is made using a specialty Nylon 6 copolymer and high-modulus carbon fiber. This is the go-to material for industrial applications that require superior thermal, mechanical and chemical resistance properties while retaining the ease of printing that you've come to expect.
BENEFITS OF NYLON PA6+CF:
- Excellent printability
- High tensile strength and rigidity
- Abrasion and wear resistance
- Improved chemical resistance over traditional 3D printing materials
- High thermal properties
APPLICATIONS FOR CARBONX PA6+CF CARBON FIBER REINFORCED NYLON
This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, improved chemical and thermal resistance, excellent surface quality, and ease of printing. Gen3 has higher HDT than our previous grades (147°C at .45MPa) allowing for expanded use in higher-temp applications.
Unparalleled rigidity gives designers the properties they need to make their 3D printed parts with less material and save weight without sacrificing stiffness.
- 1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 240-270°C
- Bed Temp: 80-110°C
- Nozzle: We recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments.
- Bed Prep: Magigoo
- Heated Chamber: Not required, but a heated chamber between 30-80°C allows for superior layer bonding and mechanical properties
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours.