MadeSolid's PET+ is an engineering-grade filament that boasts greater strength then ABS and more flexibility than both ABS and PLA. Think that's impressive? This filament has effortless adhesion and will easily stick to heated beds, glass or blue painters tape. It is also hydrophobic, so it won't absorb moisture. Another added bonus, PET+ is also recyclable. So put your engineering hat on and give it a try!
PET+ comes as a 1lb spool in a sealed bag.
PET+ Strength Test
- Filament Diameter: 2.85mm
- Weight: 0.50kg
- Nozzle: 0.4mm
- Printing Temperature: 220°C-250°C
- Print Speed: 30-60mm
- Bed Temperature: 80°C
Another great benefit of PET+ is that it is hydrophobic, which means that it does not absorb water like many other filaments can. This is great because it expands the variety of options for creating, and it also has less warping! PET+ has really easy adhesion capabilities - a heated bed is not necessary, and it works well with blue painters tape. PET+ is also much more flame resistant than ABS and PLA.
Tips and Tricks for Printing:
- Extrusion temp 220-255C; usually needs to be 10-50C hotter than your standard PLA - a low extrusion temperature will lead to poor layer adhesion, making your printed object appear to have many layers as opposed to one beautiful, solid piece.
- Suggested initial printing speed: 30mm/s for perimeters/outlines, 60mm/s for infill - once again, a slower printing rate will reduce poor layer adhesion.
- Suggested top/bottom (roof/floor) thickness: 1.5mm, or at least 6 solid layers.
- If layers are not adhering to each other well, try extruding at a higher temperature
- Clear PET+ has a higher melting point than the Opaques. Try printing at a higher temperature
- Bed surface: Blue painters tape works well, with a heated bed you can also use glass with gluestick applied
- Printing with a brim is a good idea to reduce any minor warping that may occur - We recommend 15-25mm size brims.
- Heated bed temperature: 80C
- For a more glossy/transparent look with the clear filament, try increasing your layer height to 0.2mm or higher, printing faster, and only use a single perimeter
Sturdy carabiners are possible with PET+
Some of the PET+ qualities include:
- Engineering-grade filament
- Flexible strength
- 100% recyclable
- Glossy surface finish
- High transparency (Clear Only)
- Easy adhesion (No heated bed required. Sticks to blue painters tape)
- Hydrophobic: Doesn’t absorb water like nylon does
- Good chemical resistance
- High qualify spooling and extrusion. Consistent diameter and no bubbles
- More flame resistant than PLA and ABS
PET+ should be stored in a dry and cool place, and kept away from ignition sources.
Sail the skies on your epic fighter jet with PET+
Why buy from MatterHackers?
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Best Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Best Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers MadeSolid Green PET+ Filament - 3.00mm (1lb)? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.