This promotional MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition Bundle is comprised of the performance-grade, tinker-free Method Carbon Fiber Edition 3D printer, and 1 Free MakerBot Labs Experimental Extruder. The MakerBot Method is constructed from high-quality components and features a 60°C heated build chamber, precision dissolvable supports, dry-sealed material bays, and dual performance extruders. The MakerBot Method is the perfect choice for printing quick prototypes, fit tests, and concept iterations.
|Order Now:||Ships in 1-3 business days Free U.S. Shipping|
From now until September 30th the MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer will include (1) Free MakerBot Labs Gen 2 Experimental Extruder at this limited-time promotional price.
Customers will also receive two free spools of MakerBot Method Material at the time of purchase. Please contact email@example.com to select two of the following:
- Nylon Carbon Fiber
- Nylon 12 Carbon Fiber
- PC-ABS FR*
*Compatible only with MakerBot Method X.
EXCLUSION: Please note that Makerbot 3D Printers are excluded from our Success Guarantee Program and are subject to a 10% restocking fee (for more information on this program, please click here).
PUSH THE LIMITS OF WHAT'S POSSIBLE AND UNLOCK THIRD-PARTY ENGINEERING GRADE MATERIALS WITH THE MAKERBOT LABS EXTRUDER
The LABS Experimental Extruder gives users advanced customization options for a wide range of new materials, including interchangeable nozzle assemblies and expanded print settings in MakerBot’s print preparation software, MakerBot Print. The Labs Extruder is capable of reaching up to 300°C, and includes sensors that track temperature, materials, and extruder jams.
By transforming METHOD into an open materials platform engineers can now utilize this incredibly powerful tool to actualize their ideas and designs.
Tap into your innovative spirit with the MakerBot Labs Experimental Extruder. Capable of extruding a wide range of materials - the Experimental Extruder provides you with unlimited material freedom.
SUPPORTED THIRD-PARTY ENGINEERING MATERIALS:
The MakerBot Labs Experimental Extruder for Method and Method X is compatible with a wide range of third-party materials. While technically any material can be used with the Labs Extruder, MakerBot has partnered with and certified filament from several leading material companies such as:
- ABS CARBON FIBER from KIMYA. An ABS composite material with 30% chopped carbon fiber for improved stiffness and lower weight.
- PETG ESD from JABIL. An easy processing, Electrostatic Dissipative (ESD) product for printing parts that meet sensitive electronics and could be damaged by electrostatic discharge.
- DURABIO™ from Mitsubishi Chemical. Bio-based, BPA free resin. It combines PMMA’s transparency with a higher chemical and scratch resistance compared to polycarbonate (PC).
- PC-FR from Polymaker PolyMax™. A flame retardant polycarbonate (PC) filament (UL94V-0/1.5 mm) displaying excellent toughness, strength and heat resistance.
The list of partners continues to expand so check back often for updates.
MAKERBOT EXTRUDER COMPATABILITY
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLE:
- (1) MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer
- (1) Spring Steel Build Plate
- (1) MakerBot 1C Composite Extruder
- (1) MakerBot Performance Extruder 2 Support
- (1) MakerBot Labs Gen 2 Experimental Extruder for Method
- (1) Nozzle Brush
- (1) Hex Key
- (1) USB A-to-B Cable
- (1) US Power Cord
- (1) EU Power Cord
METHOD CARBON FIBER EDITION IS EQUIPPED AND READY TO HELP ANY USER REALIZE INDUSTRIAL-GRADE 3D PRINTING
Designed to 3D print with advanced materials, the MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition is feature-packed to deliver maximum performance with minimal investment on the part of users.
- Specialized Composite Extruder for Printing Advanced Materials
- Dual Performance Extruders
- Dry-sealed material bays
- 60°C circulated heated build chamber
- Wifi connectivity & 21 on-board sensors
- Remote monitoring & printing
- Seamless CAD integration with AutoDesk Fusion 360, AutoDesk Inventor, and Solidworks
- 25 compatible CAD file types
- 5” Full-color capacitive touch screen
- Over 300,000 hours of reliability testing.
METHOD CARBON FIBER EDITION IS BUILT TO LAST
A structurally optimized metal frame runs the full length of the body of the Method Carbon Fiber Edition. This ultra-rigid metal frame was designed with the sole purpose of offsetting flexing, less flexing results in more consistent prints, more accurate parts, and fewer failures overall.
ACHIEVE UNCOMPROMISED LAYER ADHESION AND PART STRENGTH USING CARBON-FIBER INFUSED NYLON
Featuring a 60°C circulating heated chamber, Method Carbon Fiber Edition allows users to control the temperature and quality of every layer. While heated build plates are effective at reducing first layer warping, the Method Carbon Fiber Edition takes this approach one step further with full active heat immersion – providing even temperatures for the entire duration of the print job. This allows better layer adhesion for nylon, strengthening your printed parts even more.
SMART FEATURES HELP TO REDUCE COST AND SAVE TIME ON SMALL PRODUCTION MANUFACTURING RUNS
The dual performance extruder system utilized by the Method Carbon Fiber Edition was built from the ground up with the goal of accelerating print times and providing higher dimensional accuracy across every part. Built-in smart sensors for material management and print protection automatically detect and alert the user when materials are running low and allow for active jam detection during the entire print duration. Other features such as the Spring Steel build plate, which easily pops out to allow users to queue up their next print, and the 5” full-color capacitive touch screen offers users a highly intuitive and seamless user experience.
- Printing technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Print heads: Dual
- Dimensional accuracy: ± 0.2 mm
- Layer resolution: 20 – 400 microns
- Build Speed: Max Material Flow Rate: ~50 mm³ per sec
- Print head travel speed: up to 500 mm per sec
- Maximum build volume: 19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in single extrusion; 15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in dual extrusion
- Machine dimensions: 43.7 L x 41.3 W x 64.9 H cm / 17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
- Machine weight: 5 kg / 65 lbs
- Frame construction: aluminum die-cast base, extruded aluminum uprights, steel weldment gantry frame.
- Temperature control: circulating heated chamber, 60°C
- Build plate: Flexible steel build plate
- Build surface: Reusable grip surface
- Display: 5” full-color capacitive touch screen
- Camera resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Sensor suite: 21 sensors including:
- Humidity control
- Material detection
- Material detection
- Encoder (Jam detection)
- Lid – open/closed
- Door – open/closed
- Temperature sensors – heated chamber
- Calibration sensors
- Performance extruders:
- Extruder thermal core length: 48.2 mm
- Max extruder drive torque: 200 Newtons
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Spool type: Smart spools with RFID sensors
- Spool sensors: Remaining material, material color, material type.
- Supported Materials:
- MakerBot Model 1 Extruder: PLA, TOUGH, PETG, Nylon
- MakerBot Support 2 Extruder: PVA
- MakerBot 1C Extruder: Nylon CF
- MakerBot Labs Extruder: 3rd Party Materials
- Software bundle: MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
- Supported file formats: MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm), InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs), STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct), Wavefront Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt), Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .asm), VRML (.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
- Operating systems:
- Windows (7,10)
- Mac OS X (10.9+)
- Connectivity: USB Drive, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
- Power Requirements:
- METHOD; 100 - 240 V; 3.9A - 1.6A, 50 / 60 Hz; 400 W max.
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition + Free MakerBot Labs Experimental Extruder Bundle? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.