LDO LDO VORON 2.4 R2 CoreXY Self-Assembly 3D Printer Kit
The LDO Voron 2.4 R2 CoreXY 3D Printer DIY Kit is a large-format 3D printer with linear rails on every axis, a stable build plate, and a powerful bed heater. It is easily enclosable and includes all the hardware essentials. It has a large build volume of up to 350mm x 350mm x 350mm (13.8" x 13.8" x 13.8").
- Large Build volume
- Linear rails on every axis
- Stable build plate
LDO VORON 2.4 R2 3D PRINTER DIY KIT
HIGH-SPEED 3D PRINTING MADE EASY
Voron 3D printers are known for being well engineered for high-speed 3D printing, making no sacrifices in order to achieve speeds around 100mm/s for regular printing moves. With a little tweaking and tuning you'll find that you too can get your LDO Voron 2.4 R2 kit to speed through 3D prints with ease.
Here are the key features of the LDO Voron 2.4 R2 3D Printer DIY Kit:
- Linear Rails on Every Axis
- Parts by Trusted Manufacturer LDO
- Stable Build Plate for Quick Printing
- Powerful Bed Heater
- Easily Enclosable
- Includes Most of the Hardware Essentials
UNLIMIT THE SIZE OF YOUR DESIGNS
With a huge build volume of up to 350mm x 350mm x 350mm, the Voron 2.4 has one of the largest build volumes available at MatterHackers. Reduce the number of models you need to split into separate pieces to fit within your build plate! Or if you have one small design and need hundreds of them, 3D print huge batches on the super-flat milled aluminum build plate.
- Build Volume:
- Voron 2.4 350: 350mm x 350mm x 350mm (13.8" x 13.8" x 13.8")
- Voron 2.4 300: 300mm x 300mm x 300mm (11.8" x 11.8" x 11.8")
- Prototype or create large end-use parts in-house
- Print huge batches at once
- Beneficial for a wide variety of industries
LINEAR RAILS GUIDED MOTION SYSTEM
The most common 3D printers use bearings and linear rods, an affordable and simple design that allows for a little play in the system, as these machines aren't intended to move fast. Once you approach speeds near 100mm/s, that play burdens the possible results you could hope to achieve. Linear rails are significantly more constrained and with the properly chosen pre-load prevent the various carriages from vibrating and wobbling throughout motion.
- 7 Stainless Steel Linear Rails
- Four guide the Z axis
- Two guide the Y axis
- One guides the X axis
RIGIDITY IS THE KEY
In order to 3D print at high speeds, you need a 3D printer that's as rigid as possible to limit any resonant frequencies. Many common 3D printers have a bed that constantly moves along Y or regularly moves along Z, but the Voron 2.4 has a bed that doesn't move at all; it is rigidly mounted to the frame. By utilizing a "Flying Gantry" style motion system, the 3D print is able to be locked down to the build plate throughout the 3D print without any fears of a wobbling cantilevered bed or the inertial mass that would need to be considered.
- Milled MIC6 Aluminum build plate is 6mm thick to ensure plenty of thermal mass to soak heat and remain flat throughout heatup cycles.
- Magnetic sticker can remained magnetized at temperatures necessary for ABS 3D printing temperatures
- Double sided, flexible spring-steel build plate allows you to easily switch between smooth or textured PEI to improve part adhesion and flex and twist the build plate to remove finished 3D prints.
POWERFUL AC BED HEATER
By carefully using the power of mains voltage, the silicone heater mat is able to reach temperatures as high as 110°C within a couple minutes. By connecting the included thermal fuse, risk of thermal runaway is mitigated, as an overheating bed will cause the fuse to burst and disconnect power to the bed heater.
- 120VAC 750W silicone bed heater
- Adheres to the underside of the MIC6 aluminum build plate.
- Thermal fuse bursts at 125°C for thermal runaway protection
- Grounding wire protects the user from faulty wiring.
COMPILED AND PRODUCED BY INDUSTRY LEADER LDO
This Voron 2.4 Kit is assembled by LDO Motors, an industry leader known amongst the additive manufacturing community for producing and supplying quality 3D printer components and accessories. Sourcing trusted reliable parts is half the battle of successfully building a Voron and LDO makes it a whole lot easier by manufacturing and sourcing a large majority of those essential parts so you can focus on the labor of assembly rather than component hunting.
- Sourced and Manufactured by LDO
- Greatly Relieves User's Burden for Sourcing Parts
- Rest easy knowing components are from a trusted supplier
EASY TO ENCLOSE BY DESIGN
The entirety of the Voron 2.4's construction remains within the space of the frame; not a single part leaves the volume created by the frame. This makes enclosing the 3D printer simple and easy as you can easily mount panels using the T-slot frame. Included with this kit are all the clear acrylic panels you need to enclose the build volume and have a magnetically latching set of front doors. Before you 3D print the panel clips and begin enclosing the printer, make sure all the components are able to withstand the higher temperatures that will be generated; enclosing the build volume is for ABS and aluminum parts kits only, but panels are included with all kits.
- Fully enclosable by design
- Keeps drafts out and hot air around temperature sensitive parts
- Contains any possible fumes that can be vented through the included exhaust fan assembly.
ALL THE HARDWARE ESSENTIALS NEEDED TO GET STARTED
Originally intended as a passion project, the Voron 2.4's explosion popularity showed the difficulty in creating this as a self-sourced project. Thanks to the work of many interested parties, it's easier than ever to get a ready-packed kit with all the components you need to assemble a working Voron 2.4. With such an interested following comes many modifications and quality-of-life upgrades offered by the community to improve your experience with the Voron 2.4, all of which are compatible with this kit.
- Blind joint aluminum frame
- Fasteners Kit with all the necessary nuts and bolts
- Electronics and Wiring included from motors to sensors
- Panels Kit for the electronics compartment and the sidewalls
What Materials Can I Print with the Voron 2.4 3D Printer?
The Voron 2.4 can handle nearly every material available for desktop 3D printing, including advanced materials and composites filaments. Here is a list of 3D printing materials compatible with the Voron 2.4:
- PLA and Tough PLA
- ABS and ASA
- PETG and CPE
- Nylon, NylonX and NylonG (with at least a hardened steel nozzle)
- TPU and TPE
- PVA and Soluble Supports
- View all Voron 2.4 Compatible materials here.
What's in the LDO Voron 2.4 R2 Base Kit?
- Mechanical Hardware to assemble Voron
- Printed Parts: Not Included. Must be printed.
- Motherboard: BigTreeTech Octopus V1.1
- Screen: Mini 12864 Display (BTT)
- Extruder: Essential Hardware Components for Direct Drive BMG (excludes printed encasing); Upgrades Available
- Gears provided are genuine Bondtech parts
- Extruder System: Clockwork 1
- Toolhead Type: Afterburner (with an additional Stealthburner upgrade kit)
- Hotend: Not Included; Upgrades Available
- Nozzle: Not Included; Upgrades Available
- Print Bed Type: Magnetic Base
- Bed Surface: Double-sided Powder Coated PEI Build Plate
- Enclosure: Acrylic Panels Included
- Please note that no Raspberry Pi is included in this kit.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR VORON 2.4 KIT
ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. This is a kit, NOT a fully assembled 3D printer.
|Printer Build Volume||~546mm x 511mm x 614mm
(~21.5" x 20.125" x 24.125")
|Max Print Volume - 350||350mm x 350mm x 350mm
(13.8" x 13.8" x 13.8")
|Max Print Volume - 300||300mm x 300mm x 300mm
(11.8" x 11.8" x 11.8")
|Max Bed Temp||110°C|
|Max Print Speed||250mm/s|
|Max Travel Speed||300mm/s|
*Note these specs are based on the BASE kit. Some specs are subjected to change based on available upgrades/personal modifications.
Upgrades for Voron 2.4
For more details about each individual upgrade, click the product name links, if available, for specific tech specs and what comes with each upgrade option.
|Bondtech LGX Lite Extruder (+$56)*||This Dual Drive extruder technology uses large gears to enhance filament grip for a smoother 3D printing experience, all in a compact light design. The overall dimensions of this extruder are smaller and lighter than the LGX Large Gears Extruder design.|
|Bondtech LGX Extruder (+$96)*||Increase grip and eliminate grinding with this large gear, dual-drive extruder by Bondtech.|
|Phaetus BMO Hotend (+$62)||The all-metal Phaetus Dragonfly BMO Hotend is designed to deliver excellent print quality and performance via its excellent thermal conductivity, elimination of heat creep, and capability of reaching temps up to 500°C. This comes with ONE 0.4mm plated copper nozzle.|
|Phaetus Dragon ST Hotend (+$76/$86)||The Phaetus Dragon ST hotend delivers quality hot extrusion while providing additional perks such as excellent heat conductivity and one-handed nozzle changes. It's available in Blue for $76 or Red (a special Phaetus x Voron Design collaboration) for $86. This comes with ONE 0.4mm plated copper nozzle.|
|Phaetus Dragon HF Hotend (+$86/$96)||The Phaetus Dragon HF hotend delivers quality hot extrusion while providing additional perks such as fast 3D printing via high filament flow, excellent heat conductivity, and one-handed nozzle changes. It's available in Black and Blue for $86 or Red (a special Phaetus x Voron Design collaboration) for $96. This comes with ONE 0.4mm plated copper nozzle.|
|E3D 24V Revo Six Kit (+$92)||The E3D Revo Six is an updated version of the E3D V6 with enhanced performance. It heats up faster and utilizes the convenient rapid-changing Revo nozzle ecosystem. This comes with ONE 0.4mm revo brass nozzle.|
|Phaetus Rapido HF Hotend (+$96)||The Phaetus Rapido hotend is designed for high-flow filament extrusion for fast 3D printing and minimal downtime. Enjoy the benefits of making quick one-handed nozzle changes, fast high flow printing, and print with a huge variety of thermoplastics. This comes with one 0.4mm hardened steel nozzle and one 0.4mm plated copper nozzle.|
|E3D 24V Revo Micro (with Nozzle Kit) (+$142)||The E3D Revo Micro is a small, lightweight aluminum HotEnd designed for use with Revo Nozzles. This small, lightweight design keeps up with fast printing and allows for quick and easy nozzle changes. This comes with a variety of revo brass nozzles (0.25mm, 0.4mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm).|
|Mosquito Hotend Kit (+$162)||Print a wide variety of materials while also being able to do one-handed nozzle changes and effectively eliminate heat creep. This comes with the Mosquito hotend, part cooling fan, and heater cartridge. Note this LDO voron kit is designed for a direct drive setup (the best option per Voron Design's recommendation). If you intend to do a Bowden setup instead, you will need to buy a groove mount adapter. This does not come with a nozzle.|
|Mosquito Magnum Hotend Kit (+$192)||Experience high flow 3D printing with the Mosquito Magnum, the hotend that also eliminates heat creep, one-handed nozzle changes, expanding more build volume, and quick 3D printing. This comes with the Mosquito Magnum, part cooling fan, and heater cartridge. Note this LDO voron kit is designed for a direct drive setup (the best option per Voron Design's recommendation). If you intend to do a Bowden setup instead, you will need to buy a groove mount adapter. This does not come with a nozzle.|
*You will receive this extruder in addition to the BMG hardware components that come stock with the kit.
What are some helpful guides for the Voron 2.4?
Check out the links below from the creators of Voron for some very helpful resources and documentation on getting your Voron 2.4 up and running.
- LDO Voron 2.4 Kit Documents and Guides
- LDO Voron 2.4 Kit BOM
- Voron 2.4 PDF Assembly Manual Download
- Instructions to Request a Serial Number for Your COMPLETED Voron Build
- Voron 2.4 Homepage
- Voron 2.4 Sourcing Guide
- Voron 2.4 GitHub
- Voron 2.4 STL Downloads
- Voron Documentation
- Voron Build Instructions
- Voron Suggested FDM Printed Part Settings
- Voron Discord
Please note that assistance from our Customer Service team is limited to assisting with the nature of the order and providing links from the creators that may help you with your inquiry.
Please note that returns are not accepted on opened kits. Only new, unopened kits may be returned within 30 days of purchase. If a part from the kit is determined to be defective or missing during the warranty period, a replacement part or store credit of equal cost to the defective/missing unit will be provided.
If there is a problem with the packaging or damage during shipment, please return the product immediately. Otherwise, a return will not be offered after assembly.