The SeeMeCNC Rostock MAX v3 is a favorite of our print services team here in Lake Forest, CA. Why is it a favorite you ask? Our technicians love this machine because of its incredible accuracy, low layer height, consistent performance, and ability to deliver on every print job. This printer is a Delta style printer so it excels exceptionally well at printing any kind of arch or circular shape (you can't beat a delta for this kind of task). Additionally, this printer has a truly MASSIVE print volume of over 1300 cubic inches (11" Diameter by over 14 1/2" height). This is one of the largest print volumes available in the consumer 3D printing market. Basically the Rostock MAX v3 printers are workhorses and can handle any task you put them up to. All SeeMeCNC Machines are proudly made right here in the USA.
This printer can print in strong industrial grade materials like Nylon and is great for industrial projects and prototyping. Enjoy the incredibly simple and efficient EZR Struder as well as SD Card-ready firmware. If you like to tinker and upgrade this is the printer for you. You will find that a strong tight knit community of Rostock MAX owners exists online where everyone shares tips and tricks for maximizing their prints. Rostock owners are passionate about 3D printing and about making and tweaking! This is a powerful machine and it is unmatched in its price category.
Automatic Bed Leveling
The advantage of the delta design is that your printed parts never move because the bed never moves. Only the arms delicately and miraculously move around the part until something beautiful and functional is created.
Because this machine is so modifiable, you can buy an additional EZRStruder and you can make your Rostock a dual extruder so you can print two materials at once (fair warning it does require some tinkering and is still experimental).
The new EZR Struder
So What’s Changed with the New v3?
- The V3 comes standard with the SeeMeCNC HE280 hotend. This hotend uses a 40w heater cartridge and features thermal runaway protection. The HE280 allows you to print with any material up to 280C. (Jet Kit required for Nylons and other high temperature filaments)
- Includes Accel probing feature for easy and accurate automatic bed leveling. This allows you to calibrate your printer with a single click!
- Enjoy the new Onyx heated bed mount which makes the bed float under the glass. This prevents warping while the bed is heated. The bed clips have also been improved to make swapping print surfaces faster than ever.
- The new EZR Struder comes standard on the V3. This new extruder accommodates faster print speeds and works well with flexible filaments.
- 3 part cooling fans keep PLA prints cool from all sides so that your parts come out looking perfect.
Three Part Cooling Fans
Quick Nuggets of Info
- 275mm D x 400mm H Print Area
- Minimum Recommended Layer Height w/.5mm nozzle of .1mm
- Maximum Recommended Layer Height w/.5mm nozzle of .4mm
- Power Requirements 110v or 220v (input power selectable) @ 350 watts
- Max Heated Bed Temp 120c
- Max Hotend Temp 280c (hi temp jet-kit recommended above 250c)
- Max Recommended Printing Speed @.2mm Layer Height 100mm/s
- Max Travel Speed 300mm/s
- US Made - high quality, laser cut, injection molded, and CNC machined parts
- EZRStruder and Hot-End set up for 1.75mm filament
- High torque NEMA 17 stepper motors
- RAMBo by UltiMachine electronics, the best available 3D printer controller
- Speed up to 300mm/s in all motion, not just X/Y moves
- Tinker-friendly electronics and hardware. Many extra places to add your own mods
- Filament spool holder incorporated into the machine (for 1lb or 1kg spools only)
- Borosilicate Glass build plate for safety and precision
Ready to Assemble? Here's what you will need:
• Appx. 20hrs. to assemble (time varies based on skill and any mods made during the assembly)
• Standard Allen wrench set
• Metric Allen Wrench Set
• Needle nose and/or small pliers
• Wire crimping tool or solder and solder iron
• Standard and Phillips Screwdrivers
• High Temp RTV silicone for retaining heating resistors/thermistor in hot-end, or High Temp expoxy
Overall Machine dimensions
- 18" round area on desk
- 42" tall without spool, 48" with spool mounted
- Appx. 20 pounds assembled
Why Buy A SeeMeCNC?
Quality and community are the name of the game with SeeMeCNC. The quality of the printer with the gigantic print build you get for less than $1,000 is simply unmatched anywhere else in the 3D printing industry. Once you assemble your Rostock MAX v3 you become part of the brotherhood (or sisterhood) of Rostock owners across the world. These owners have one of the most active communities online today where they actively share prints, advice, tips and tricks, and loads of step by step guidance for customizing your Rostock MAX. The reason that this community exists is because Rostock owners are passionate makers and builders. Additionally, you earn your place in the community by successfully assembling your Rostock MAX (since it takes about 20 hours to assemble). However, the good news is that the v3 has been enhanced and modified by SeeMeCNC so that it is much easier to assemble from earlier versions.
Why Buy From MatterHackers
At MatterHackers we pride ourselves on offering friendly service, advice and support. Our prices are always the lowest in the industry when you factor in our free shipping for every item on the MatterHackers site (including 3D printers). Most of all, our staff is friendly and knowledgeable. They have been 3D printing for several years now and are happy to answer your 3D printing questions. Have a question about the amazing capabilities of your new Rostock MAX v3? No problem. Feel free to give us a call. Additionally, each SeeMeCNC printer ships with MatterControl - AKA the best 3D printing software you can find. MatterControl is the most intuitive, feature rich 3D printing software and includes MatterSlice - the fastest and most accurate slicing engine on the market.
In short, buying a 3D printer from MatterHackers is a holistic experience. We are here to partner with you through every step of your 3D printing journey. Additionally, we have all of the PLA, ABS, and Specialty Filament that you could ever need to design anything you can imagine.
Check out the vibrant and transparent vase that we printed on the Max using the Red Taulman t-glase. As you can see, the object is very glass like and allows a great deal of light to pass through.
Questions about your SeeMeCNC Rostock MAX v3? Check out our forum!