BlocksCAD BlocksCAD 3D Modeling STEM Software and Curriculum - 1 Year License
BlocksCAD is a 3D CAD software created by teachers - students as young as 3rd grade through high school can use math and computational thinking skills to create 3D objects. This 3D CAD software can be used by any STEM or STEAM program looking to add curriculum content to complement their 3D printer as an educational tool. With no prerequisites on coding needed, instructors can easily integrate BlocksCAD into their classrooms - which fully supports teachers by providing a comprehensive curriculum with detailed lessons that are standard-aligned. Bring BlocksCAD into your classroom! With its simple-to-use software, it makes math and science fun for you and your students.
This product is for up to 100 student licenses, if you have any questions feel free to contact email@example.com.
|Order Now:||Processed Immediately Free U.S. Shipping|
A new way of teaching Math and Science
BlocksCAD, is a cloud-based 3D modeling tool that encourages users to learn math, computational thinking, and coding concepts through visualization and designing models to be 3D printed. BlocksCAD builds math and computer science skills by using a specialized 3D CAD (computer-aided drafting) software. A block-based coding platform allows students to create and manipulate 3D objects while using geometry and computational thinking skills. BlocksCAD fully supports teachers by providing a comprehensive curriculum with detailed lessons that are standard-aligned.
Learning Math with BlocksCAD
BlocksCAD can be utilized to teach students geometrical proficiency as well as many other math skills. The software is a great tool for providing students a highly motivating user experience that enables them to enjoy math.
- 3D cartesian coordinates
- positive and negative numbers
- solid shapes, like cubes, spheres, and cylinders
- geometrical transformations, like translation, rotation, reflection, and scaling
- set operations, like union, difference, and intersection
- arithmetic, including order of operations
- use variables to create parameterized models
- plot trigonometric functions
- plot parametric functions
- learn polar coordinates
Learning Programming With BlocksCAD
BlocksCAD is created with students in mind, they've designed a program that makes computer programming accessible to students as young as 8 years old, yet also sophisticated for designs through highschool. A powerful program that can build off simple solid to detailed 3D models.
- use variables to make a design that can change sizes - like a ring where you can specify the finger radius.
- use loops to make even patterns shapes in a design - like the numbers on a clock or the steps in a staircase.
- use randomness in models - like a forest randomly generated from different types of tree shapes
- use conditional logic to add patterns to your shapes - rotate every other ring in a line to make an interlocking chain.
- use modules to build up your own library of shapes to use in designs.
Educator and Administrative Features
- Online teacher training course
- Introductory lessons
- Lessons provided for grades 3-12
- CSTA Computer Science standards-aligned lessons
- Common Core math aligned lessons
- Create your own custom lessons
- Create classes
- Manage your student's accounts
- See how long students spend on their designs
- Access and Edit student code
- Download student .stl files for your 3D printer