BCN3D’s powerful new 3D printer, Epsilon is the complete, professional 3D printing solution for designers and manufacturers alike. With a massive build volume of 420mm x 300mm x 400mm, IDEX (independent dual extrusion) with duplication and mirror modes, and a fully-enclosed, passively heated build chamber, Epsilon is BCN3D’s most powerful 3D printer yet. BCN3D enables you to make the same investment, with double the productivity.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating...|
INNOVATIVE IDEX DUAL EXTRUSION DESIGN
The BCN3D IDEX system is capable of printing with two heads independently. This means that during multi-material prints, one tool head is active while the other stays out of the way. This is important for a few reasons:
- It's the cleanest solution on the market for dual extrusion 3D printing. This is because the two extruders work independently when printing water-soluble supports or multi-material parts. While one extruder is printing the second one is parked, preventing the drip of molten plastic into the part.
- It allows for Duplication Mode, which means that both tool heads can perform tasks separately, essentially splitting the work, but doubling the output. It makes batch printing components faster and easier than ever before.
- The BCN3D Epsilon IDEX setup gives the machine a unique setting called mirror mode. This 3D printer can print two opposite parts at the same time - instead of creating two different models that are essentially the same part, you create one and print them both, or the "mirroring" part at the same time.
MASSIVE BUILD VOLUME
When BCN3D set out to design their next amazing 3D printer, they knew they wanted to allow users to create prints as huge as they need, whether for design, manufacturing, engineering, or simply for an awesome 3D printing challenge. With one of the largest build volumes on the market, the new Epsilon 3D printer unleashes limitless possibilities for prototyping, low-volume production, and end-use parts. Epsilon’s 420mm x 300mm x 400mm (16.5" x 11.8" x 15.8") build volume unleashes the perfect tool for any engineer, manufacturer, print farm, or MakerSpace.
WHY BCN3D'S IDEX SYSTEM CREATES CLEANER, MORE ACCURATE 3D PRINTED PARTS
The Independent Dual Extrusion (IDEX) System is designed specifically to create cleaner and more complex 3D printed parts. Because the tool heads are independent, one can be "parked" or inactive while the other is printed. This eliminates any chance of part contamination, which is when one of the nozzles/tool heads on a 3D printer will have filament residue on it while it's not actively printing, but will still leak or "drag" across your 3D printed part, leaving streaks or undesirable marks. Since the Epsilon can literally move one nozzle clear out of the way while the other is printing, it eliminates unwanted filament residue on your parts, making them as high-quality as possible.
This technology applies to whether you are 3D printing multi-material parts that require a distinct line between different colors or printing with soluble support materials that require a crisp edge once dissolved. The Epsilon can handle both these aspects extremely well thanks to the IDEX system.
Print accurately using multiple materials and soluble support materials with the BCN3D Epsilon IDEX system.
ACCURATE, CONTROLLED TEMPERATURES
With the expanding enterprise 3D printing market, ensuring high-quality performance parts has never been more important, and a well-designed enclosure is the key to success. Epsilon’s fully enclosed, passively heated build chamber can reach 60°C by using the heated bed, enabling accurate, industrial-grade 3D printing for large-scale functional parts, right on the manufacturing floor. Confidently print ABS and ASA parts as large or as fine as you want, with no warping, and no delamination.
ACTIVATE BATCH PRODUCTION 3D PRINTING USING THE EPSILON'S DUPLICATION MODE TO DOUBLE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY
Another great feature of BCN3D's IDEX system is Duplication Mode 3D printing. Due to the Epsilon 3D printer's independent dual extrusion systems, an engineer or designer can easily double their production capacity and 3D print faster. The independent toolheads will work side-by-side on the print bed creating duplicate models, thus doubling your production output in the same amount of time that a non-IDEX 3D printer would take to create one. It's not just for creating two 3D printed models - you can attain faster 3D printing by running production batches for smaller end-use 3D printed parts as well.
PRODUCE SYMMETRICAL 3D PRINTED MODELS SIMULTANEOUSLY USING BCN3D'S MIRROR MODE
Manufacturing oftentimes requires functional parts that are "mirrored" to attach on opposite sides of a product. For example, think about the side view mirrors on your car - they are essentially the same part, but are designed specifically to fit the right and left sides of the car, making them actually quite different. Instead of designing two different models, BCN3D has made the process much easier using their Mirror Mode. The IDEX dual extrusion system allows the extruders to print separately on symmetrical parts at the same time. Again, this increases productivity and time - there is less time spent on designing and more uptime on your printer, both creating a faster turnaround time.
Professionals can iterate quickly and utilize batch manufacturing with BCN3D's Duplication and Mirror Modes.
THE POWERFUL SUITE OF 3D PRINTERS FROM BCN3D
Long the masters of IDEX 3D printing, BCN3D has been perfecting the Sigma and Sigmax for years, with the R19 reaching a pinnacle of quality and capability heretofore unseen. And now, with Epsilon, the capabilities available to users are even broader. Much larger prints and more reliable print quality with ABS and ASA and Nylon means the Epsilon is perfect for manufacturing or R&D. From the alpha to the omega, you can choose the right BCN3D printer for you.
- Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- Architecture: Independent Dual Extruder (IDEX)
- Extruders: 2
- Printing volume: 420mm x 300mm x 400mm
- Build Chamber: Fully-Enclosed, Passive Heated Chamber
- Extruder maximum temperature: 300°C
- Heated bed maximum temperature: 120°C
- Build chamber maximum temperature: 60°C
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm (installed) / 0.6mm / 0.8mm / 1.0mm
- Hotend X: 0.6mm
- Extruder: Bondtech™ high-tech dual drive gears
- Hotends: Optimized and manufactured by e3D™
- Layer height: 0.05 – 0.5mm
- Positioning resolution (X/Y/Z): 1.25µm / 1.25µm / 1µm
- Filament diameter: 2.85mm
- Single Board Computer: Toradex ARM Compute Module
- Motion Board: BCN3D Electronics with Independent Stepper Drivers
- Air filtering category: H13 HEPA filter, Active Carbon filter
- Heated bed: Silicone thermal pad
- Printing Modes: Duplication mode, Mirror Mode, Soluble Supports Mode, Multi-material Mode
- Compatible Materials: PLA, PVA, PET-G, TPU, ABS, PP, PA
- PP GF30, PAHT, CF15 (with Hotend X)
- Filament System: Open
- Operative Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Firmware: BCN3D Embedded Linux distribution, BCN3D Epsilon - Marlin
- File preparation software: BCN3D Cura
- Printer Control Instruction: gcode
- Supported files: STL, 3MF, OBJ, AMF
- Connectivity: SD card, Wifi, Ethernet, 5” Full Color Capacitive Touchscreen
- Overall dimensions: 530mm x 690mm x 900mm
- Shipping box dimensions: 600mm x 800mm x 1185mm
- Shipping weight: 46 kg
- Power Input: AC 84-240V, AC 3.6 - 1.3A, 50-60Hz
- Maximum Power Consumption: 840W
- Operating temperature: 15°C – 35°C
- Operating Sound: 49 dB(A)
- Certifications: CE / FCC
- US Warranty: 1 year
What's in the Box?
- BCN3D Epsilon W50 3D Printer
- 0.40mm Hotends installed
- Glass Build Plate
- BCN3D PLA Spool x2
- Spool Holder x2
- Quickstart Guide and Warranty
- SD Card
- Power Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- USB Cable
- Allen Key Set
- Calibration Shim x10
- USB Dongle
- Nylon Cleaning Filament Coil
- Calibration Gage
- Magigoo Glue Stick
- Sample Printed Part
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers BCN3D Epsilon W50 Fully Enclosed Large Format Independent Dual Extrusion 3D Printer? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.