MatterHackers Blue NylonG Glass Fiber Filament - 1.75mm (3kg)
NylonG is a rigid, glass-reinforced filament that is perfect for 3D printed parts that need to withstand stress and impact.
- Rigid, but flexes to prevent shattering
- Glass fiber reinforcement for added impact resistance
- Good inter-layer adhesion
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
Glass Fiber Reinforced Nylon for the Toughest 3D Printed Parts
NylonG is a glass-fiber infused material that has excellent impact-resistant capabilities and incredible tensile strength.
Here are the key features of NylonG:
- Gass Fiber infused for extra strength
- Excellent impact-resistance
- Great inter-layer adhesion
- Incredible tensile strength
- Retains dimensional accuracy better than standard nylon
Great for Parts that Take a Beating
NylonG is excellent for parts that need to absorb large amounts of kinetic energy. Under repeated shock, glass-fiber reinforced NylonG 3D prints maintain their shape and structural integrity.
- Impact and shock resistant
- Absorbs large amounts of kinetic energy
- High tensile strength
Create Beautiful, Functional Parts
NylonG glass fiber-infused filament not only is a strong, functional materials, but it looks great right off your printer and is available in a wide variety of colors. produces clean, geometrically complex parts.
- No post-processing needed
- Produces clean, geometrically complex parts
- Pairs great with Ionic support materials for dual extrusion prints
Which nylon 3D printing filament is right for me?
|PRO Series Nylon||Strong, low friction||General Purpose 3D Printing|
|NylonG||Impact Resistance||Parts subjected to repeated shock|
|NylonX||Tensile Strength||Parts under constant stress|
|NylonK||Abrasion Resistance||Parts subjected to constant friction|
NylonG is great for functional parts, like this 3D printed extruder.
- Nozzle temperature: 255° +/- 10°C
- Recommended nozzle: Olsson Ruby is best, Hardened Steel is sufficient.
- Bed temperature: 65°C
- Bed surface: Garolite is preferred, glass with Magigoo if Garolite is unavailable
- Filament weight: 500g (0.5kg) OR 3000g (3kg)
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm OR 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm
- Filament length:
- 1.75mm 0.5kg: 207m
- 1.75mm 3kg: 1247m
- 2.85mm 0.5kg: 78m
- 2.85mm 3kg: 470m
- 1kg Spool Dimensions: 7.88" OD x 2.12" ID x 2" Height
- 3kg Spool Dimensions: 11.8" OD x 2.06" ID x 4.25" Height
- Download the Technical Data Sheet
- Download the Safety Data Sheet