Ultimaker Ultimaker Print Core Cleaning Filament
The Ultimaker 3 has a built-in Print Core cleaning procedure that uses a cleaning filament to remove debris from the nozzle. The process can be completed with the Print Core either hot or cold.
- Cleaning filament is clear, making it easy to see when material is being removed
- The Ultimaker 3 has a Print Core cleaning procedure built into the firmware
- The machine will guide you through the process
|Order Now:||Ships calculating...|
Keep your print cores clean!
Having a clean print core is essential when operating the Ultimaker 3 3D printer. The best method for cleaning is utilizing both hot and cold pulls of the hotend. This cleaning filament is perfect for collecting all the debris that may be hiding in the print core and it's clear color makes it easy to see when material is being removed and when the print core is completely clean.
How to use the cleaning filament
The Ultimaker 3 has a Print Core cleaning procedure built into the firmware and can be access through the System -> Maintenance -> Print Core Cleaning path. The machine will guide you through the process, but here is the procedure:
- Unload any filament in the Print Core
- Remove the bowden tube from the toolhead
- When the Print Core is heated, insert the cleaning filament until you feel resistance. Apply pressure for a few seconds to ensure it's firmly seated in the hotend
- With a quick motion, pull the filament back up out of the print core - any debris inside the nozzle will be attached to the end
Repeat this process until the filament comes out of the print core clean and you are ready to get back to printing. This process can be completed with the Print Core either hot or cold.
For a more detailed walkthrough on how to keep your 3D printer nozzles clean, read our Unclogging a 3D Printer Nozzle article.
Examples of Cleaning Filament after hot pulls. You can see the nozzle becoming cleaner and ultimately debris-free in the rightmost example.
- 10 Pieces of Print Core Cleaning Filament
- Each piece is ~200mm long