FYSETC Voron Tap Kit
The Voron Tap Kit is an upgraded Z-probe sensor for the Voron 2.4R2 and Voron Trident, providing a precision of 0.4 μm, compatibility with any build surface, safe operation at up to 100°C, protection from minor crashes, and more. The kit includes an OptoTap PCB V2 sensor and hardware. Printed parts not included. See requirements in product description.
- Precision of 0.4 m
- Compatible with any build surface
- No high-temp wear over time
- Crash protection
|Order Now:||Ships calculating...|
VORON TAP KIT
The Voron Tap Kit upgrade is an alternate Z-probe sensor method for the Voron 2.4R2 and Voron Trident. Using a rail, magnets, and sensor, the entire toolhead moves to trigger an optical switch.
Key Features of the Voron Tap Kit:
- Can measure your Z position with a precision of 0.4 μm (0.0004mm)
- Compatible with any build surface, minimizing need to recalibrate after changing nozzles or build plates
- Safely operates at up to 100°C and will not degrade over time like a contact switch or inductive probe
- Uses a single ‘activate_gcode’ macro in the [probe] config to provide consistent probing temperatures
- Breaks away on extreme crashes, saving you from hidden breakage elsewhere
- The nozzle and bed are protected from minor crashes
- No need for a separate Z endstop
Please Ensure Your Voron 2.4R2 / Voron Trident meet the following requirements:
- Fix known mechanical issues on your printer BEFORE attempting Tap
- Have a MGN12 based X-Axis
- (MGN9 based X-axis is NOT compatible)
- Use ClockWork2 (CW2) Style Mounted Extruder
- Will NOT work with ClockWork1 (CW1)
- Mounts for LGX and Galileo are available
- Bed Mount must be secured
*For additional context and notes, see Page 9 of the Voron Design Tap Upgrade Assembly Manual.
What's Included with the Voron Tap Kit?
|1||x||OptoTap PCB V2 Sensor|
|1||x||50mm MGN9 Rail|
|2||x||6mm x 3mm Magnet|
|1||x||Resistor Wire Harness for 24V|
|11||x||Brass M3 Heatset Insert|
|1||x||M3 Hex Nut|
|2||x||M3 x 20 SHCS|
|2||x||M3 x 16 SHCS|
|1||x||M3 x 12 SHCS|
|3||x||M3 x 8 SHCS|
|1||x||M3 x 6 SHCS|
|2||x||M3 x 6 FHCS|
|2||x||M3 x 10 BHCS|
|10||x||M3 x 6 BHCS|
Note: Printed Parts are NOT included in this kit. The link to print the STL's is in the Additional Resources section below.
- Voron Design Tap Upgrade Assembly Manual
- Voron Tap STL's
- Voron Tap GitHub
- Voron Discord
- Voron Design Forum
- Voron Design Reddit
- Voron Tap Livestream
Please note that assistance from our Customer Service and Technical Support teams is limited to assisting with the nature of the order and providing links from the creators that may help you with your inquiry.
Please note that returns are not accepted on opened kits. Only new, unopened kits may be returned within 30 days of purchase. If a part from the kit is determined to be defective or missing during the warranty period, a replacement part or store credit of equal cost to the defective/missing unit will be provided.
If there is a problem with the packaging or damage during shipment, please return the product immediately. Otherwise, a return will not be offered after assembly.