View Posts
MatterHackers Forum
This forum has been set to read-only for archival purposes. Please visit our Community Forum to ask and participate in active discussions.
Feedback - MatterControl Cloud Monitoring Feature (pre-release)
by >kevin.pope

The pre-release version of MatterControl includes a new feature, Cloud Monitoring, which allows you to check on the status of your prints from anywhere via the web.

Cloud Monitoring

If you are one of our intrepid MatterControl pre-release adventurers give it a try and let us know what you think. You can enable it within the 'Configuration' (you'll need to sign in first):

Enable Cloud Monitoring

kevin.pope [Moderator] - July 8th, 2014 at 1:48p.m.

can I see print progress with a web cam maybe?
would be awesome to check on progress visually to see if print has failed.
...then be able to remotely kill the print!

bvand - July 8th, 2014 at 8:22p.m.

Thanks for the suggestions! Remote access is definitely on the way.

kevin.pope [Moderator] - July 10th, 2014 at 10:23a.m.

Just now noticed and am trying this, (forgive me I was playing with OctoPrint and a Raspberry Pi the past day or two) and all I get is a blank Cloud Sync page that just says "ChefScott's Devices". Using MatterControl 1.1.2.2624 with a Printrbot Simple.

ChefScott - July 11th, 2014 at 8:05p.m.

Never mind that. I just restarted MatterControl and now I see my printer Monokuma listed under ChefScott's Devices. Very nice addition! MatterControl just gets better and better all the time!!

ChefScott - July 11th, 2014 at 8:43p.m.

Is the webcam / remote access coming still??? I see it's been 2 years....

ninjaminion242 - July 14th, 2016 at 1:11p.m.

@ninjaminion242 Remote accessed was added in version 1.4: New in MatterControl 1.4

Webcam access still isn't a feature in the desktop version of MatterControl, but the MatterControl Touch and T10 both have an on-board camera that allows for visual print monitoring.

ryan.lutz - July 14th, 2016 at 2:00p.m.