Welcome to the March Mayhem Combat Robot Tournament - Sponsored by MatterHackers in partnership with Southern California Attack Robots.
This all-ages event is open to the public and free to attend. Come view the smash-fest and tour MatterHackers HQ to learn more about 3D printing, meet your favorite builders from TV's Battlebots, and even drive a demo-robot!
We will have giveaways for spectators, amazing food provided by the award-winning Lime Truck, and of course - total destruction!
Can't make the live event? Join us virtually! Watch the competition in real time with live arena cams at the official MatterHackers YouTube channel
Saturday, March 5th, 2022
Time: 10 AM - 6PM PST
Bot Classes / Competition
Head to Head: Classic Tournament
Robot combatants battle head-to-head in this tournament/bracket-style competition. Winner moves on to the next stage, and the loser is knocked out.
First Place and Runner-Up of each of the following bot classes will receive a prize:
- 150g - Fairyweight
- 1lb - Antweight
- 1lb - Plastic Antweight
- 3lb - Beetleweight
- 12lb - Hobbyweight
Competitors: Rules and Instructions
MatterHackers March Mayhem will have a capped registration limit to keep logistics easier and the event from running too long. We will be running multiple arenas with cage managers and pit runners, and will be strictly enforcing a 20-minute repair time.
- The deadline to register as a competitor is February 28
- Please bring spare parts/multiple batteries.
- Pits with tables, access to power, and chairs will be made available for all competing teams
Prizes for tournament winners will be sponsored by MatterHackers and ongoing throughout the afternoon, be there at these times for your chance to take home a prize!
- 12:00 PM - Win a FREE $50 MatterHackers Gift Card (1 winner)
- 3:00 PM - Win a FREE $100 MatterHackers Gift Card (1 winner)
- 5:00 PM - Win a FREE Creality CR-20 3D Printer (1 winner)
- (Bonus Entries: Tag us @MatterHackers on Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag #MatterHackersMayhem to gain a bonus giveaway entry; limit 1 bonus entry per participant)
Competitors: If you’re interested in participating in this tournament, please visit this link to register your bot(s) before Monday, February 28th.
Limited parking at the MatterHackers lot will be prioritized for registered tournament competitors.
Street parking is open to the public in the surrounding areas of MatterHackers headquarters. Due to concurrent local events at neighboring businesses, we expect foot traffic and street parking to be significantly crowded between the hours of 8:00 am and 1:00 pm on the nearby streets of Valencia, Fuerte Dr, Windrow Dr, and Vista Terrace. Please drive with additional caution through these high-traffic areas.
Additional public parking is available at the nearby Lake Forest Sports Park, located at 28000 Rancho Pkwy, Lake Forest, CA 92630.
- PLEASE NOTE: Parking is NOT open to the public in the surrounding business lots. These privately owned lots may tow unrecognized vehicles at owner's expense.
- A. Yes! Spectators and fans of combat robots/3D printing alike are all invited to attend this free event and to watch the exciting matches. We just ask that you RSVP online so we can get an accurate headcount in advance.
- A. Yes, children are welcome to join the fun. Please note that attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- A. At the time of this posting, the California mask mandate is still in effect, so please remember to bring an effective face covering. Masks will be required to be worn over the mouth and nose in all indoor spaces and strongly encouraged to be worn outdoors while not eating/drinking.
- A. Yes, we will have a food truck on-site with meals, snacks, and drinks available for purchase.
- We're excited to announce that The Lime Truck, twice winners of The Food Network's "Great Food Truck Race" will be the official food truck service available at this event.
- A.This event will be predominantly held outdoors, so all attendees are suggested to bring a high SPF sunblock and to check weather forecasts in case of inclement weather.
Competitors may also wish to bring Spare parts and tools, Eye protection, and Ear protection as needed. We will have a limited supply available for free to the public.
Thank you to the official sponsors of MatterHackers March Mayhem:
- Ultimaker - Ultimaker 3D printers are powerful, fine-tuned 3D printers that make producing beautiful 3D printed parts not only easy, but reliable and repeatable as well. The Ultimaker series of 3D printers include a variety of features: dependable single extrusion, precise dual extrusion for large-format, complex parts - plus, the addition of upgrades and accessories like CC Print Cores, the Material Handling Station, and Air Manager make the Ultimaker line a manufacturing and prototyping powerhouse.
- BCN3D - BCN3D is one of the leading manufacturers of 3D printers with Independent Dual Extrusion (IDEX) in the world. The Epsilon W27 and W50, and Sigma D25 models give users a wide variety of options and features for sophisticated 3D printing options. The fully-enclosed Epsilon 3D printer takes those advantages and adds the ability to 3D print with filament like ABS, ASA, polycarbonate and more advanced manufacturing materials. The IDEX system opens up multi-material 3D printing with more than one color, mix and match materials, and soluble supports. In addition, users get access to adaptive functions like Mirror Mode and Duplication Mode for industrial and small business applications, meaning you'll make the same investment with double the productivity. The large build volume of the Epsilon and Sigma models gives every user plenty of space to create their products with accurate and reliable D25, W27 and W50 3D printers.