GMASS GMASS Tungsten Metal ABS Filament - 1.75mm (0.5kg)
Start printing with real Tungsten today using GMASS, a unique hybrid made of ABS and Tungsten. GMASS is precisely formulated so that it can be printed on any desktop 3D printer that can handle ABS filament. GMASS gives your parts the weight, feel, and density of real metal.
GMASS is radiation shielding (but contains no lead) and is ideal for creating parts that will be used in medical environments.
GMASS Tungsten is an ABS filament combined with tungsten to create an authentic metal filament. This filament has the weight and feel of real metal and is also radiation shielding. GMASS was developed by Turner MedTech, a company that specializes in creating medical grade products. GMASS Tungsten gives you the ability to quickly create parts that approach the density of real metal. The density of this filament is 4.0g/cc.
Ideal uses for this filament include sporting goods, weighting, balancing, x-ray shielding, lab equipment, reactor shielding, vibration dampening and inertial weighting
- A heated bed should be used to prevent warping
- The particles in the filament may start to wear down the brass nozzle after several hours of printing. The nozzle should be checked before each print and replaced if worn.
- To improve adhesion to print bed, user may apply a small amount of acetone/ABS slurry.
- To achieve maximum density, you may need to increase the flow rate 5 – 10%.
- If oozing occurs, nozzle temperature may be too high.
- Place a small layer of acetone on the print bed to help with sticking.
- Printing Temperature: 200-230C.
- Extrusion Speed: 70mm/s for Tungsten and 40mm/s for Bismuth.
- Bed Temperature: 100C
- Filament diameter: 1.75 +/- 0.10 mm
- Density Range: 2.7 +/- 0.1 g/cc for bismuth, 4.0 +/- 0.2 g/cc for tungsten
- Recommended nozzle size: 0.5 - 0.6 mm for 4.0 g/cc Tungsten and 0.6 - 0.7 mm for Bismuth