3DXTech 3DXTech 3DXSTAT Black ESD-SAFE PC Filament - 1.75mm (0.75kg)
3DXTECH’s 3DXSTAT ESD-SAFE specialty 3D printing filaments can be 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistance, and are ideally suited for applications that require ESD-Safe parts. 3DXSTAT series’ PC filament is specially formulated for precision 3D printing, and is manufactured in the USA. Polycarbonate is an interesting and resilient material for 3D printing due to its high heat resistance and amorphous nature. This means there is little isotropic shrinkage, excellent ductility, and great impact resistance.10% off - use code BESTDEALS during checkout - offer ends 12/31/2022
MULTI-WALL CARBON NANOTUBE TECHNOLOGY
3DXTECH utilizes multi-wall carbon nanotube technology in their manufacturing process to bring you the ESD-safe 3DXSTAT series of filament. When printed at proper temperatures, your finished parts can achieve a consistent surface resistivity between 10^7 to 10^9 ohms! With fewer worries of electrostatic discharge, improved impact resistance, and low particulate/ionic contamination, you can rest easy when utilizing custom printed parts in your finished HDD components, casings, connectors, jigs, sensors, and more.
Internal studies performed by 3DXTECH indicate that increased extruder temperatures yield higher levels of conductivity in parts printed with 3DXSTAT. Similarly, lower extruder temperatures yield lower levels of conductivity. For example, if the resistivity measurements of your finished 3D printed part is too insulative for your application, try increasing the printing temperature a few degrees for increased conductivity. With a little fine-tuning of your 3D printer’s settings, and a couple of test prints, you can achieve a customized resistivity to suit your needs.
- Printing temperature: PC can be printed between 260 and 300°C; ideal layer bonding is typically possible at 275 - 280°C.
- Bed temperature: 110 - 120°C
- Bed adhesion: Kapton tape, Magigoo, or 3D Gloop!
- This material is hygroscopic, and it is recommended to dry at 80˚C for at least 4 hours before printing
- SAFETY NOTE: this material should not be sanded or machined without proper PPE, the particles should not be inhaled. Please reference the SDS here.
- Download the Technical Data Sheet