3DXTech 3DXTech 3DXSTAT ESD-SAFE PETG Filament 1.75mm (2.0kg)
3DXSTAT ESD PETG is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state-of-the-art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes, it has a target surface resistance of 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
- ESD protection
- Advanced multi-wall carbon nanotube technology
- Precision extrusion processes
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email email@example.com.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
3DXSTAT ESD PETG
3DXSTAT ESD-PETG is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state-of-the-art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes. Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
BENEFITS OF ESD PETG
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
- Superior chemical resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous structure giving it low, near isotropic shrinkage
- Low moisture absorption, 3x lower than ABS
- Very low odor emitted while printing
- Superior ductility vs. ABS
- Wide processing range of 230-260°C
ESD PETG APPLICATIONS:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
TARGET CONDUCTIVITY FOR 3DXSTAT ESD PETG
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application. However, please do not exceed 270°C to reduce the risk of polymer degradation.
Surface Conductivity as a Function of Extruder Temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
- 1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 230-260°C
- Bed Temp: 60-90°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 4 hours.