3DXTech 3DXTech 3DXSTAT ESD-SAFE PLA Filament - 2.85mm (0.75kg)
3DXTECH’s 3DXSTAT ESD PLA is an easy-to-use ESD-Safe filament designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using Natureworks PLA and CNTs to offer exceptional repeatability and reliability.
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email email@example.com.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
3DXSTAT ESD PLA
3DXSTAT ESD PLA is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state-of-the-art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes. Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
BENEFITS OF ESD PLA:
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
- Ideal for printing without a heated bed, no enclosure required
- Low shrinkage, warping, and easy printability, PLA prints on practically all desktop 3D printers
- Very low odor, perfect for printing in home or office environments
- Gorgeous surface quality to make printed parts look beautiful
- Made from plants makes PLA a renewable biopolymer
Internal studies performed by 3DXTECH indicate that increased extruder temperatures yield higher levels of conductivity in parts printed with 3DXSTAT. Similarly, lower extruder temperatures yield lower levels of conductivity. For example, if the resistivity measurements of your finished 3D printed part is too insulative for your application, try increasing the printing temperature a few degrees for increased conductivity. With a little fine-tuning of your 3D printer’s settings, and a couple of test prints, you can achieve a customized resistivity to suit your needs.
- Printing temperature: 210 - 220°C.
- Bed temperature: 23-60°C
- Bed adhesion: Blue tape, Magigoo, or 3D Gloop!
- This material is mildly abrasive. If you plan to print more than 1kg, it is recommended that an abrasive resistant nozzle (like hardened steel) is used on your 3D printer.
- SAFETY NOTE: this material should not be sanded or machined without proper PPE, the particles should not be inhaled. Please reference the SDS here.
- Download the Technical Data Sheet