CarbonX HTN+CF is made using a semi-aromatic High-Temperature Nylon and a specialty carbon fiber ideally suited to high-temperature polyamides. HTN+CF is a go-to choice for demanding applications that require excellent thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance as well as being easy to print.
BENEFITS OF CARBONX HTN+CF
- High thermal properties, with a Tg of 125°C, and Tm of 265°C
- Excellent strength and stiffness over a wide temperature range, up to 240°C, higher than ULTEM PEI
- Very low moisture absorption yielding improved retention of mechanical properties even when exposed to humid environments
- Outstanding chemical resistance to alcohols, acids, automotive and jet fuels, oils, lubricants, brake and transmission fluids, antifreeze, and Zn/Ca Chlorides.
WHAT APPLICATIONS IS CARBONX HTN+CF SUITABLE FOR?
Widely used for metal replacement applications, HTN+CF is a great material option for printed parts that must resist high mechanical loads at elevated temperatures and aggressive chemical environments.
Other industry applications include:
- Oil & gas
- Industrial Markets
- 1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 285-315°C
- Bed Temp: 110-120°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments
- Bed Prep: Magigoo PA
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours