Polycarbonate is a material known for its incredible durability and resilience at high temperatures. 3DXTech's CarbonX PC 3D printing filament takes polycarbonate to a new level with the addition of high-modulus carbon fiber reinforcement to enhance the overall stiffness and dimensional stability of your finished 3D printed parts.
USE POLYCARBONATE 3D PRINTING FILAMENT FOR YOUR TOUGHEST APPLICATIONS
Polycarbonate is a thermoplastic well-known for being extremely tough and durable, even at high temperatures. It is an interesting material for 3D printing due to its high heat resistance and amorphous nature, meaning that polycarbonate 3D printing filament like 3DXTECH’s CarbonX PC will have little isotropic shrinkage, excellent ductility, and great impact resistance. You can be confident that your finished parts 3D printed using 3DXTECH’s CarbonX PC will maintain desired dimensions and continue performing in your application.
A prototype turbine 3D printed using 3DXTECH's CarbonX series filament
THE ENHANCED PROPERTIES OF CARBON FIBER BROUGHT TO YOUR FAVORITE MATERIALS
The CarbonX series of 3D printing filaments from 3DXTECH brings enhanced properties to the 3D printing materials you already know and love. The high-modulus carbon fiber fill used in CarbonX 3D printing filament is stronger than steel and delivers boosted stiffness, dimensional stability, and UV-resistance to your 3D printed parts. Additionally, finished parts 3D printed with CarbonX filament are more lightweight, and have a nice matte black appearance.
- Printing temperature: 280- 310°C
- Bed temperature: 110 - 120°C
- Bed adhesion: PEI tape, Kapton tape, or Stick Stick on clean glass
- For filled 3D printing filaments, it is recommended to use an abrasive-resistant nozzle (like hardened steel) with a 0.4mm orifice or larger. See Add-On Items.
- This material is hygroscopic, and it is recommended to dry at 120˚C for at least 4 hours before printing
- Download the TDS and SDS