3DXTech CarbonX PETG+CF is made using 3DXTech's high-flow PETG and premium modulus carbon fiber. This material is engineered to offer ease of printing, strength, stiffness, excellent dimensional stability, and an amazing surface finish.
BENEFITS OF CARBONX PETG+CF FILAMENT:
- Superior chemical resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous structure giving it low, near isotropic shrinkage
- Low moisture absorption, 3x lower than ABS
- Very low odor while printing
- Wide processing range from 230-270°C
PETG AND CHEMICAL RESISTANCE:
Unstressed tensile bars molded of PETG exhibit good resistance to dilute aqueous solutions of mineral acids, bases, salts, and soaps, and to aliphatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, and a variety of oils. Halogenated hydrocarbons, short-chain length ketones, and aromatic hydrocarbons dissolve or swell the plastic.
- 1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 230-260°C
- Bed Temp: 70-90°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm.
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments.
- Bed Prep: Magigoo
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 4 hours.