ColorFabb ColorFabb varioShore Prosethetic TPU Filament - 1.75mm (0.70kg) Dark Brown
This revolutionary new material from Colorfabb allows users to vary the density of printed parts by adjusting temperature and material throughput - At temperatures between 200°C and 250°C the material will start to expand to roughly 1.4 - 1.6 times its original volume. When printed at low flow rates (60-70%) the active foaming properties will cause parts to expand, resulting in very soft printed parts. At temperatures between 190°C and 200°C the material can be printed without foaming, which results in harder prints when compared to those that utilized Varioshore's active foaming properties.
The base TPU is 92A, which will work with most standard extruder set-ups.
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email email@example.com.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
Unique Properties for Printing Prosthetics and Orthotics
This version of varioShore TPU is specially designed for printing prosthetic and orthotic parts. ColorFabb has included silver in our formulation, known for its beneficial properties in these applications.
- Silver inclusion for enhanced properties in prosthetic and orthotic applications
- Available in three skintone colors: Pale Pink, Medium Brown, Dark Brown
- Printing at lower temperatures results in more intense skintone colors
- Printing at higher temperatures activates the foaming agent, resulting in a softer, less intense powder-like skintone color
Variable Shore Hardness for Adjustable Density
VarioShore TPU Prosthetic has several distinctive features, including variable shore hardness, reduced weight and density, and a soft touch. Users can adjust the density of the material by changing the temperature and material throughput, allowing for a wide range of printing options. At temperatures between 200 and 250C the materials will start to expand to roughly 1.4-1.6 times its original volume, which reduces the density to 0.7 to 0.9 g/cm³. This means the material can be printed at low flow rates (60-70%), to compensate for the active foaming, which in return gives very soft printed parts.
- Reduced weight and density
- Soft touch
- Printing at Temperatures between 200 and 250C expands the material to reduce density
FLEXIBLE TO THE TOUCH AND FLEXIBLE IN ITS APPLICATION
Although not quite as lightweight as LW-PLA, ColorFabb varioShore TPU provides users with noticeable weight and density reduction where it matters and the flexibility to use the material in a wide range of other applications. This material is well suited for producing soft sporting goods such as bicycle handlebars or for applications in footwear such as shoe insoles.
The base TPU is 92A, which will work with most standard extruder set-ups for Bowden and direct drive systems.
By adjusting material flow rates, ColorFabb varioShore enables users to significantly reduces the weight and density of printed parts.
HOW TO SUCCEED WHEN PRINTING WITH VARIOSHORE TPU
The following settings are recommended for successfully printing with this material:
Print Bed Temperature:
- Users are advised to use the least amount of cooling possible when maximum foaming is desired. For better overhang performance use 50-100% speed when cooling. Additionally, it is advised to make sure the distance between the nozzle and print surface is not too small, especially if the material is foaming while printing - pressure will need to be released from the hot end to prevent clogging and material feeding issues.
- Spool Size: 0.70kg
- Diameter tolerance: ± 0.1 mm
- Density: 1.2-1.3g/cm-3