Everything that makes the Duet 3 a great controller board is present in this expansion board - each stepper driver is capable of up to 4.45 Amps RMS with up to 6.3A peak power. 256 microstepping, StallGuard 2 and StealthChop 2. Along with extra stepper drivers, 9 additional PWM outputs and 6 IO ports allow for additional sensors, fans, or other components. This board allows you to add three more Trinamic 2160 stepper drivers to your Duet 3 mainboard for a total of 9. This expansion board allows for more stepper motors without a loss of processing power as the expansion board has a standalone 32 bit ARM processor. This board communicates with the mainboard via the CAN bus port on the Duet 3 6HC and has an additional CAN port for connecting even more expansion boards.
Features for the Duet 3 3HC expansion includes:
- Dedicated 32 Bit Processor (ARM Cortex M4F @120 Mhz)
- CAN-FD bus connection to the Duet 3 Mainboard. This allows for many expansion boards to be connected. The initial target is support for up to 8 x 3 channel expansion boards (another 24 stepper channels).
- 3 next generation Trinamic 2160 stepper drivers running at up to 4.45A RMS, 6.3A peak with firmware control of the full feature set including up to 256 microstepping, StallGuard 2 and StealthChop 2
- 9 PWM outputs of varying current capacities to support, for example, 3 extruders and 6 fans.
- 6 IO ports for endstops, probes, filament monitors and other sensors.
- 3 Thermistor/PT1000 inputs and support for 4 PT100/thermocouple inputs via the optional daughterboards.
- Support for a wide range of Z probes including DC42’s IR Z probe and the Duet3D Smart Effector for delta printers
The Duet 3 Expansion board is a CAN-FD connected, high current, full featured expansion board for the Duet 3 Mainboard. The Duet 3 family provides control for a wide range of machines including 3D printers, CNCs, lasercutters and more, building on Duet3D's experience in developing the most configurable and expandable 3d printer control solutions. The overall aim with the Duet 3 series is to allow for maximum flexibility of machine design through highly capable main boards, expansion boards, smart tool boards and custom expansion modules.