Everything that makes the Duet 3 a great controller board is present in this expansion board - each stepper driver is capable of up to 4.45 Amps RMS with up to 6.3A peak power. 256 microstepping, StallGuard 2 and StealthChop 2. Along with extra stepper drivers, 9 additional PWM outputs and 6 IO ports allow for additional sensors, fans, or other components. This board allows you to add three more Trinamic 2160 stepper drivers to your Duet 3 mainboard for a total of 9. This expansion board allows for more stepper motors without a loss of processing power as the expansion board has a standalone 32 bit ARM processor. This board communicates with the mainboard via the CAN bus port on the Duet 3 6HC and has an additional CAN port for connecting even more expansion boards.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
Features for the Duet 3 3HC expansion includes:
- Dedicated 32 Bit Processor (ARM Cortex M4F @120 Mhz)
- CAN-FD bus connection to the Duet 3 Mainboard. This allows for many expansion boards to be connected. The initial target is support for up to 8 x 3 channel expansion boards (another 24 stepper channels).
- 3 next generation Trinamic 2160 stepper drivers running at up to 4.45A RMS, 6.3A peak with firmware control of the full feature set including up to 256 microstepping, StallGuard 2 and StealthChop 2
- 9 PWM outputs of varying current capacities to support, for example, 3 extruders and 6 fans.
- 6 IO ports for endstops, probes, filament monitors and other sensors.
- 3 Thermistor/PT1000 inputs and support for 4 PT100/thermocouple inputs via the optional daughterboards.
- Support for a wide range of Z probes including DC42’s IR Z probe and the Duet3D Smart Effector for delta printers
The Duet 3 Expansion board is a CAN-FD connected, high current, full featured expansion board for the Duet 3 Mainboard. The Duet 3 family provides control for a wide range of machines including 3D printers, CNCs, lasercutters and more, building on Duet3D's experience in developing the most configurable and expandable 3d printer control solutions. The overall aim with the Duet 3 series is to allow for maximum flexibility of machine design through highly capable main boards, expansion boards, smart tool boards and custom expansion modules.
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers Duet3D Duet 3 3HC Expansion Board? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.