E3D E3D RapidChange Revo ObXidian Wear Resistant Nozzle
The E3D RapidChange Revo ObXidian is a wear-resistant 3D printer nozzle that is much harder than Nozzle X and other generic hardened steel nozzles. With its easy-to-assemble design, it is a frustration-free way to rapidly identify and switch between nozzle sizes. The RapidChange Revo ObXidian Nozzle is available in 0.4mm and 0.6mm with the 0.25 and 0.8mm nozzles coming soon.
- Copper alloy nozzle with a special coating for wear resistance
- Preassembled nozzle and heatbreak for easy installation
- Color-coded silicone sock for easy identification
- Compatible with the RapidChange Revo ecosystem
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
E3D Revo ObXidian Wear Resistant Nozzle
Abrasive 3D Printing Made Quick & Easy
E3D's ObXidian is their wear-resistant Revo Nozzle offering specifically designed for printing abrasive 3D printing filament. Compatible with the RapidChange Revo ecosystem, the ObXidian is a must-have tool for a quick and frustration-free 3D printing experience.
Key Features of the E3D Revo ObXidian Nozzles:
- Wear resistant to abrasive filaments
- Pre-assembled for rapid, frustration-free nozzle changes
- Designed for quick, easy identification
- Compatible with the RapidChange Revo ecosystem
- Operates at temperatures up to 300°C
Please note: Revo™ Nozzles are not compatible with V6-style heaterblocks and you may need to adjust your Z offset when changing nozzles.
Wear Resistance That's Stronger Than Ever
Harder than Nozzle X and other generic hardened steel nozzles, E3D ObXidian can easily withstand abrasive filament thanks to E3DLC, a very special Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coating custom engineered just for ObXidian.
- Stronger than Nozzle X
- Coated in E3DLC (stronger than other DLC coatings)
- Bonus—thermal conductivity is just as good as brass while still being abrasion resistant
Experiment Freely with Sizes AND Materials
E3D ObXidian allows for easy swapping between different nozzles, giving you the opportunity to print with various sizes and nozzle types faster and more accessible than ever before.
Frustration-Free Nozzle Installation
A Revo Nozzle is a preassembled nozzle and HeatBreak in one unit, so there’s no chance of hazardous hot tightening or incorrect assembly that could slow down time via long installation times or repairs from hotend leaks.
- Pre-assembled nozzle installation is effortless
- Save time switching out nozzles
- Easily avoid hotend leaks often occurring from incorrect installation
- E3D ObXidian and Revo Brass are smooth drop-ins in the Revo ecosystem
Expand Your Range of Nozzles
Have the right nozzle size and type ready to go for any project using E3D's continuously expanding catalog of Revo nozzles.
- Revo Brass available as small as 0.15mm & big as 0.8mm
- Revo ObXidian available in 0.4mm and 0.6mm (with 0.25mm and 0.8mm to come)
- High-flow variants will follow in time
Color-coded silicone socks make nozzle identification tremendously easy for E3D Revo ObXidian and Brass Nozzles.
- Color-coded socks provide easy identification
- Nozzle size is engraved into it as well
- No more slowdowns trying to figure out what nozzle size you have
Experience Top-Tier Anti-Sticking 3D Printing
E3D ObXidian's special E3DLC coating not only enhances wear resistance strength but also improves its non-stick properties for a 3D printing experience that's cleaner than ever.
- ObXidian delivers a clean 3D printing experience
- E3DLC coating is anti-stickier than other coatings—even Nozzle X's coating
- Coating lasts much longer thanks to PECVD application method (plasma-enhanced chemical vapour deposition)
- Safe to use BRASS brush to clean nozzle tip due to strong coating
What Sizes Are Available for the E3D Revo ObXidian Nozzle?
|Diameter||Sock Color||Max Temp (°C)||Abrasion Resistant|
Which Hotends Are Compatible with the E3D Revo ObXidian Wear Resistant Nozzle?
- E3D RapidChange Revo Hemera
- E3D RapidChange Revo Micro
- E3D RapidChange Revo Six
- E3D RapidChange Revo Voron
- E3D RapidChange Revo CR
What Are the Technical Specifications of the E3D Revo ObXidian Wear Resistant Nozzle?
- Material: Copper/Hardened Steel Assembly with E3DLC™ coating
- Filament Diameter Compatibility: 1.75mm
- Max. Operating Temperature: 300°C
- Min. Pull-out Force: 300N (20°C)
- Max. Flow Rate: Varies—Dependent on nozzle size, 3D Printer setup, and filament choice
- Dimensions: 41.4mm ±0.2 (L) x 13mm ø
- Mass: 8g
What is the Anatomy of an E3D Revo ObXidian Wear Resistant Nozzle?
- 1. Revo Nozzle
- 2. Revo Sock
What Cleaning Guidelines Do You Recommend for the E3D Revo ObXidian Nozzle?
- Use Nylon cleaning filament
- For internal cleaning:
- Warm pull
- Cold pull
- For external cleaning:
- Brass brush
We Do NOT Recommend the Following:
- Nozzle Cleaning Needles
- Steel wire brushes
- Blow torch
FAQ - E3D ObXidian Nozzle
What is ObXidian made from?
- The nozzle tip is a specialized hardened steel with the rest of the nozzle portion made up of Copper. Following that is a steel tube and finally, a copper threaded portion. The assembly is then coated with E3DLC.
When is ObXidian expected to ship?
- Shipping is delayed due to production, it is anticipated for March-April 2023
Will there be 2.85mm ObXidian Nozzles?
- No. If you are a printer manufacturer, you will need to special request it from E3D.
Will there be other nozzle sizes available?
- Yes. E3D currently anticipates the release of the 0.25mm and 0.8mm ObXidian Nozzle size towards the end of the year.
Which hotends are compatible with the E3D ObXidian Nozzle?
- The ObXidian nozzles on this page are compatible with the line of Revo RapidChange hotends (Six, Micro, Voron, Hemera, CR) only. E3D is working on ObXidian nozzles for their V6 and Volcano line.
Are the brass Revo nozzle socks compatible with ObXidian?
Are ObXidian Nozzles the same length as Brass Revo Nozzles?
- Yes, they have an identical form factor.
Do I need to change any slicer settings when switching from brass?
- No! That is one of many perks of the ObXidian—it is a true drop-in replacement for brass nozzles.
Can you wear out an ObXidian Nozzle?
- ObXidian nozzles can last almost indefinitely under normal printing conditions. The only potential exception is if you print UV-Reactive/"Glow-in-the-dark" filaments at very high speeds.
- Strontium Aluminate is a very hard additive found in those types of materials and, when the nozzle moves very quickly, the deposited layers that make contact with the nozzle tip start eroding the E3DLC coating like sandpaper, thus making it vulnerable to even more erosion with time.
- To maximize the long lifespan of your ObXidian Nozzle, it's recommended to print at normal/slow speeds with UV-Reactive/"Glow-in-the-dark" filaments.
How do I clean my ObXidian?
- See the above section regarding cleaning guidelines for your E3D ObXidian.
What is a DLC coating?
- DLC is a Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coating that uses the strength of diamond bonds in a lattice with graphite to form a strong, wear-resistant coating. Additional perks of DLC coating include low friction, chemical resistance, and thermal stability.
- Not all DLC coatings are the same (depending on composition and manufacturing process) which is why E3D took the time to engineer a custom coating (E3DLC™) to offer an exemplary combination of wear resistance with anti-sticking properties.