The Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse is a large format 3D printer with automatic calibration, a heated borosilicate glass build plate, and swappable tool heads. It has a huge build volume, making it ideal for prototyping or manufacturing large end-use parts.
- Large format
- Heated borosilicate glass with PEI surface
- Swappable tool heads
The Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse
A Large Format 3D Printer
The Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse lives up to its name with premium components, automatic calibration, and a workflow that keeps it churning out high-quality 3D prints.
Here are the key features of the Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse 3D Printer:
- Large Format
- Heated Borosilicate Glass With PEI Surface
- Swappable Tool Heads
- Print With Any Material
- Dozens of Material Profiles
- Automatic Bed Calibration
- Belted Z Drive
Huge Build Volume For One-Piece 3D Printing
With the LulzBot TAZ Workhorse’s large build volume you can save yourself the trouble of splitting your large 3D models into several smaller ones and print your designs in one piece.
- Build Volume: 280mm x 280mm x 285mm
- 3D print dozens of parts at once
- Create large 3D prints for prototyping or manufacture large end-use parts.
Remove 3D Prints Easily
The TAZ Workhorse’s Premium PEI build surface maintains a firm grip on progressing 3D prints while gently releasing them at room temperature with a slight tap.
- Borosilicate glass plate for uniformly heated build plate.
- Provides a supremely flat surface.
- PEI sticks to most materials without any additional adhesives.
Pick and Swap The Right Tool Head for the Job
Use included tools and the quick-disconnect wiring harness to replace tool heads for specific uses or general maintenance on your TAZ Workhorse.
- Includes Lulzbot SE Single Extruder 2.85mm.
- Swap to Lulzbot M175 Single Extruder to utilize 1.75mm filament.
- Utilize HS or HS+ Tool Head for thicker extrusions for ultimate strength and to crush print times.
- View all Tool Heads
Unlimit Your 3D Printing Capabilities With The Open Filament System
The Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse proudly supports open filament utilization, allowing you to purchase and use any filament that is compatible with the printer’s capabilities.
- 2.85mm only with the included toolhead,
- Must have a printing temperature at or below 300°C.
- Must require a bed temperature at or below 110°C.
Trust the Expertly Calibrated Material Profiles
Lulzbot developers test and iterate various 3D printing materials to find the best 3D printer settings for the most popular materials.
- Find the material profile that’s tried and true for the Lulzbot team
- Use the most similar material as a basis for your own materials.
Perfect First Layers Every Time With Automatic Bed Calibration
Before every 3D print the Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse will wipe the nozzle and probe four contact points to find the relative plane that defines the print bed.
- Ensures that every 3D print has a perfectly consistent first layer.
- Z-Offset adjustment through the LCD allows you to fine-tune the first layer for the ideal distance.
Eliminate Z Wobble By Using A Belted Z Drive
A lead screw driven Z-axis can introduce artifacts into your 3D prints, but a belt driven Z-axis can move faster and more consistently.
- Zero chance of Z-Wobble, a common source of troubleshooting.
- Fast Z movement allows for quick Z-hop travels, avoiding the possibility of knocking over printed parts.
What Materials Can I Print With The Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse?
The Titan Aero built into the Lulzbot SE Single Extruder provides excellent control of flexible filaments like PRO Series Flex or TPU while the adjustable extruder gear tensioner gives you the ability to try different settings for harder or softer materials. Here is a list of 3D printing materials compatible with the Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse:
- PLA and Tough PLA
- ABS and ASA
- PETG and CPE
- NylonX, NylonG, and NylonK (with Lulzbot HS or HS+ Tool Head)
- Ultrafuse 316L and 17-4 PH
- TPU and TPE
- View all Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse Compatible materials here.
Which Lulzbot 3D Printer is Right for Me?
Lulzbot has diversified their 3D printer offerings to service users of many different needs and backgrounds - here are some Lulzbot 3D printer features at a glance:
- Lulzbot Mini 2: desktop-sized and single extrusion starting at $1,495
- Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse: large-format and single extrusion starting at $2,950
- Lulzbot TAZ PRO S: large-format and all the features of the Lulzbot TAZ Pro except with an M175 Tool Head. starting at $3,995
- Lulzbot TAZ PRO: large-format and dual extrusion starting at $4,950
- Lulzbot Sidekick: small-to-medium-format and upgradable starting at $1,085
What Comes with the Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse 3D Printer?
- 8GB SD Card with source files
- Glue Stick
- Short length of PLA filament
- IEC Power Cord
- Replacement Wiper Pads
- Hangable Lulzbot Toolbag
- Part Removal Tool
- Scrub Pads
- Precision Knife
- Long Nose Pliers
- 7 Piece Hex Key Set
- Metric Ruler
- Dental Pick
- Quick Start Guide
- Quality Assurance Record
Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse Technical Specifications
What are the Dimensions of the TAZ Workhorse?
- Build Volume: 280mm x 280mm x 285mm (11.02in x 11.02in x 11.22in)
- Assembled Dimensions (with spool holder installed): 83cm x 71cm x 52cm (32.67in x 28in x 20.47in)
- Compatible filament diameter: 2.85mm, 1.75mm if using the Lulzbot M175 Tool Head (not included)
- Weight: 16.78kg (37lbs) without filament spool
What are the Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse Properties?
- Print Technology: FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
- Ambient Operating Temperature: From 5°C to 45°C (41°F to 113°F)
- Maximum Travel Speed: 300mm/s
- Leveling: Automatic Compensation
- Calibration: Backlash Compensation
- Connectivity: USB Serial or SD Card with included 8GB SD Card
- Included Tool Head: SE Tool Head
- Extruder/Hot End: E3D Titan Aero
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.5mm
- Nozzle Material: Nickel-Plated Copper Alloy
- Nozzle Temperature: Up to 290°C (554°F)
- Nozzle Heat Up Time: From 23°C to 210°C (73°F to 410 °F) in 73 seconds
- Print Surface: Modular Heated Borosilicate Glass/PEI
- Maximum Print Bed Temperature: Up to 120°C (248°F)
- Print Bed Heat Up Time: From 18°C to 100°C (64°F to 212°F) in 10 minutes 45 seconds
- Layer Resolution: 0.05mm-0.90mm (0.02”-0.035”) *Determined by Tool Head
- Minimum Positive Feature Size: 0.5mm (0.02in)
- XYZ Resolution: 10, 10, <1 micron
- Maximum Power Output: 500W
What is the Software for the Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse?
- Operating System Compatibility: GNU/Linux, Mac, Windows
- Recommended Software: MatterControl, Cura Lulzbot Edition
- Firmware: Marlin
- Supported File Types: .stl, .obj, .x3d, .3mf, .png, .jpg
- Printable Formats: Gcode
LulzBot is Here to Take Care of You for the Long Haul
Print with confidence knowing that your LulzBot TAZ Workhorse 3D printer will be able to keep up with your 3D printing needs and extend your standard 1 year warranty and support period by purchasing up to an additional 3 year warranty and support period.
This is LulzBot's official Extended Warranty. When purchased through us, your contact information and printer's serial number will be sent to LulzBot to activate your warranty.
Extended Warranty must be purchased within 30 days of purchase of your LulzBot TAZ Workhorse, covers the original owner only, and is non-refundable.