MakerBot Nylon Specialty Model Filament is an excellent material choice when printed parts require high-temperature and abrasion resistance. The mechanical properties of this material make it ideal for use in automotive and industrial end use parts and prototypes. Equipped with an RFID chip, this filament spool is optimized for MakerBot Method & Method X 3D printers.
|Order Now:||Ships in 1-3 business days Free U.S. Shipping|
Articulated parts, manufacturing tools & fixtures, hinges, and gears are just a few of the applications for parts that are printed using MakerBot Nylon Specialty Filament.
- Heat Deflection @ 66 psi: ASTM 648: 91°C (196°F)
- Flexural Modulus (ASTM D790, 15 mm/min): 1,700 Mpa (250,000 psi)
- Tensile Strength at yield (ASTM D638, 50 mm/min): 66 Mpa (9,570 psi)
- Tensile Modulus (ASTM D638, 50 mm/min): 2,200 MPa (319,000 psi)
- Strain at Yield - Elongation (%): >10%
- Notched Impact Strength (ASTM D256): 187 J/m (3.5 ft-lb/in)
- MakerBot Method
- MakerBot Method X
Smart Spool - provides valuable information including material type, color, and amount remaining via an RFID chip directly to MakerBot Print. A desiccant included in the spool maintains a low moisture level when spools are stored inside the material drawer bay.
- MakerBot Print
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Spool Diameter: 21.8 cm (8.6 in)
- Spool Width: 4.2 cm (1.65 in)
- Material Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Shipping Weight: 0.96 kg (2.3 lb)
- Net Weight: 0.7 kg (1.54 lb)