MatterHackers Purple Gold MatterHackers Quantum PLA Filament - 1.75mm (0.75kg)
MatterHackers Quantum PLA is a filament that creates beautiful, visually striking 3D prints. It is available in 1.75mm and 2.85mm diameter, and is compatible with virtually any FDM 3D Printer.
- Every color option includes a blend of two different colors
- Rotating the part to a different orientation changes the visible color
- PLA filament available in 1.75mm and 2.85mm diameter
- Perfectly wound
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
A Truly Revolutionary Filament - Experience Quantum
MatterHackers Quantum PLA is your filament of choice to create the most striking, visually magnificent 3D prints possible. Every color option actually includes a blend of two different colors, both of which will feature on your finished print. By rotating the part to a different orientation you can completely change the visible color. You want your 3D prints to be the most beautiful possible, and MatterHackers Quantum is the most beautiful 3D printer filament on the market.
Compatible with your 3D printer
Quantum is PLA, available in 1.75mm and 2.85mm diameter, and not abrasive in any way, making it compatible with virtually any FDM 3D Printer. If you are a seasoned veteran of the 3D printing community or an absolute beginner, you can take advantage of color-shifting Quantum today. No other filament brings together the blended dual-color effect of MatterHackers Quantum, letting you create dichromatic prints on a single extrusion 3D printer without any modification. No matter where you are on your 3D printing journey, experience color reinvented with Quantum.
Be one of the first to discover this next step in 3D printing
Here at MatterHackers, we are always searching for new ways to find success with 3D printing, sometimes that means functional parts with very strong materials, and sometimes that means beautiful aesthetic parts whose key feature is the smile it puts on our faces. Quantum is the first material in a long time that had us both mesmerized by its beauty and inspired by its capabilities. We have been printing with it for a while, but what excites us the most is what you are going to print with it. Don’t miss this opportunity to be one of the first people to print with this new material and be part of the evolution of 3D printing.
- Material: PLA
- Hotend Temperature: 225°C ±10°C
- Bed Temperature: 50°C (65°C on LayerLock Powder Coated PEI)
- Diameter: 1.75mm or 2.85mm
- Weight: 750g
- Spool Dimensions (Approx.): 200mm Diameter, 55mm Height, 50mm Inner Core
Tips on how to make the best prints with Quantum
The UltiMaker S5 3D printer has a top-tier dual extrusion system that produces clean, geometrically complex parts.
- Smaller melt zones are better for Quantum, Volcano style hotends can produce mixing that reduces the visual effect of Quantum. E3D v6, Mosquito, and most stock printer hotends are perfect.
- Before starting a big print, we recommend printing an Quantum Alignment Coin that will tell you exactly where the color change line is on your specific printer and filament setup. The angle will be different for every printer setup, but we have found that if the printer and filament stay in the same orientation, the alignment doesn't change from spool to spool.
- Quantum prints look the best when the outside perimeters of the part are all printed in the same direction, and we have found that many slicers do not do this by default! To make great prints with Quantum, MatterControl does force outside perimeters to always travel in the same direction, you can download for free right here.