MatterHackers Silver NylonG Glass Fiber Filament - 2.85mm (3kg)
NylonG is a rigid, glass-reinforced filament that is perfect for 3D printed parts that need to withstand stress and impact.
- Rigid, but flexes to prevent shattering
- Glass fiber reinforcement for added impact resistance
- Good inter-layer adhesion
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email email@example.com.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
Glass Fiber Reinforced Nylon for the Toughest 3D Printed Parts
NylonG is a glass-fiber infused material that has excellent impact-resistant capabilities and incredible tensile strength.
Here are the key features of NylonG:
- Gass Fiber infused for extra strength
- Excellent impact-resistance
- Great inter-layer adhesion
- Incredible tensile strength
- Retains dimensional accuracy better than standard nylon
Great for Parts that Take a Beating
NylonG is excellent for parts that need to absorb large amounts of kinetic energy. Under repeated shock, glass-fiber reinforced NylonG 3D prints maintain their shape and structural integrity.
- Impact and shock resistant
- Absorbs large amounts of kinetic energy
- High tensile strength
Create Beautiful, Functional Parts
NylonG glass fiber-infused filament not only is a strong, functional materials, but it looks great right off your printer and is available in a wide variety of colors.
- No post-processing needed
- Produces clean, geometrically complex parts
- Pairs great with Ionic support materials for dual extrusion prints
Which nylon 3D printing filament is right for me?
|PRO Series Nylon||Strong, low friction||General Purpose 3D Printing|
|NylonG||Impact Resistance||Parts subjected to repeated shock|
|NylonX||Tensile Strength||Parts under constant stress|
|NylonK||Abrasion Resistance||Parts subjected to constant friction|
NylonG is great for functional parts, like this 3D printed extruder.
- Nozzle temperature: 255° +/- 10°C
- Recommended nozzle: Olsson Ruby is best, Hardened Steel is sufficient.
- Bed temperature: 65°C
- Bed surface: Garolite is preferred, glass with Magigoo if Garolite is unavailable
- Filament weight: 500g (0.5kg) OR 3000g (3kg)
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm OR 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm
- Filament length:
- 1.75mm 0.5kg: 207m
- 1.75mm 3kg: 1247m
- 2.85mm 0.5kg: 78m
- 2.85mm 3kg: 470m
- 1kg Spool Dimensions: 7.88" OD x 2.12" ID x 2" Height
- 3kg Spool Dimensions: 11.8" OD x 2.06" ID x 4.25" Height
- Download the Technical Data Sheet
- Download the Safety Data Sheet