Polycast 3D printing filament by PolyMaker is developed to produce high-quality investment patterns for investment casting applications. By 3D printing with the PolyMaker Polycast, you will save on costs and lead time by eliminating the tooling process. This filament is also super easy to print with while still producing strong, detailed 3D prints.
Designed for Investment Casting
The PolyCast is a specialty 3D printing filament developed specifically for investment casting applications. Investment casting processes product metal parts utilizing injection molded wax patterns with tooling required making it time and cost-intensive. The Polycast enables the use of widely available filament extrusion-based 3D printing technologies to product investment patterns. Some of the advantages of Polycast include:
- Polymaker’s Layer-Free™ technology, delivering superior surface quality while minimizing the need for post-processing
- Ash-Free™ burns off cleanly without any residue, enabling defect-free
- Can be used on any FDM/FFF printer with excellent printability
- Lower cost compared to other 3D printing technologies (e.g. SLA/DLP/SLS).
See PolyMaker PolyCast Filament in action in Brian Oltrogge's video:
Check out Brian's YouTube channel here for more information on 3D printing and casting.
- Net Weight: 1.4 Kg
- Diameter (Tolerance): 1.75 mm/2.85mm ±0.05 mm
- Nozzle Temperature: 190˚C – 220˚C
- Printing Speed: 40mm/s – 60mm/s
- Heated Bed: 25˚C – 70˚C
- Recommended bed surface: Glass with Glue / Blue Tape
- Cooling fan: On
- This material is hygroscopic, and it is recommended to store in a resealable bag.