|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
0.25KG of 1.75mm LAYWOO-D3 wood filament in light cherry color. Allows you to give your prints a fantastic wood texture.
You can print the filament in a range from 175°C to 250°C. Printing at lower temperatures will produce a brighter color while printing at higher temperatures will create a darker print. The printed wood will appear rough, similar to MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard). Playing a little with the material feed settings brings more craters or a smoother surface.
- Very little warp
- Rough or smooth surface possible during one print
- Paintable, grindable, carvable and stainable
- Printable tree-rings
- No heated bed necessary
- Contains recycled wood and harmless binding polymers (still, we don't recommend ingesting)
- Similar thermal durability as PLA
- No need to store in a sealed bag or use desiccant (wood loves humidity)
At print temperature LAYWOO-D3 is less viscous than PLA or ABS, a few extra steps can help improve your printing experience:
- Adding extra extrusion to the beginning of your print will help prevent dry extrusion during the initial layers.
- Increasing the retraction setting of your part during slicing will reduce 'leakage' while the hotend is moving between sections (especially over open areas).
LAYWOO-D3 will harden over time, for delicate parts allow 30-60 min for your print to set.
Alternating the temperature during your print (even by as little as 10 degrees) will vary the coloration, giving it a 'grained' look.
At MatterHackers we pride ourselves on offering friendly service, advice, and support. Our prices are always the lowest in the industry when you factor in our free shipping for every item on the MatterHackers site (including 3D printers). Most of all, our staff is attentive and knowledgeable. They have been 3D printing and using digital manufacturing tools for several years now and are happy to answer your 3D printing questions. Have a question about this Light Cherry Wood LAYWOO-D3 Filament - 1.75mm (0.25kg)? No problem. Feel free to contact us.
In short, the MatterHackers Pros are here to partner with you through every step of your digital manufacturing journey. Additionally, we have all of the 3D Printers, Filament, and Accessories that you could ever need to design anything you can imagine.