3DXTech 3DXTech 3DXSTAT ESD-SAFE ABS Filament - 2.85mm (0.75kg)
3DXTech 3DXSTAT ESD-SAFE ESD ABS is an advanced ESD-Safe filament formulated for a wide array of applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and thermal stability up to 95°C. Made using high flow ABS and CNT’s to offer exceptional repeatability and reliability.10% off - use code BESTDEALS during checkout - offer ends 12/31/2022
3DXSTAT ESD ABS
Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm. Compare to Stratasys ABS-ESD7 in performance and price and you’ll never go back! Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state-of-the-art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes.
3DXSTAT ESD ABS is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind, 3DXTECH starts with premium ABS and then compounds it according to a proprietary formulation of multi-wall carbon nanotubes – giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
ESD ABS APPLICATIONS:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
TARGET CONDUCTIVITY FOR 3DXSTAT ESD ABS
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how ESD ABS filament works in your specific printer/application.
Surface Conductivity as a Function of Extruder Temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your ESD ABS part.
- 1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping.
- Other: Increasing your extrusion multiplier up to 1.15 or even 1.2 and varying your fan speed between 50-100% may be necessary.
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours.