3DXTech's ThermaX PEI (Polyether Imide) 3D Filament made using ULTEM (TM) 9085 resin is a high-performance, amorphous polymer that lends itself for outstanding dimensional stability, excellent thermal properties, great chemical resistance, and inherent flame retardancy.
High glass transition temperature (Tg) of 186 degrees C.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
The Perfect Spool for High-Temp Applications
The filament's spools are made using PC in order to withstand high-temp materials making them ideal for drying filament once it absorbs moisture. Once the parts are printed with the PEI material, they will resist chemical degradation. This is why it is ideal for automotive and electrical applications.
Product Attributes Include:
- High thermal properties; (Tg) of 186°C
- Inherent flame resistance with low smoke evolution and low smoke toxicity
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Good resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aqueous solutions
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Color: Natural
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 350 - 380°C (all-metal extruder)
- Bed Temp: 140 - 160°C
- Bed Prep: PEI Tape, Lightly sanded FR4 or Perf board.
- Drying instructions: Dry at 120°C for at least 4 hours before use
- Other: No cooling fan, Print speeds of 1000mm/min (starting point)
ULTEM™ is a trademark of SABIC, or its subsidiaries or affiliates.