3DXTech's ThermaX PEI (Polyether Imide) 3D Filament made using ULTEM (TM) 9085 resin is a high-performance, amorphous polymer that lends itself for outstanding dimensional stability, excellent thermal properties, great chemical resistance, and inherent flame retardancy.
High glass transition temperature (Tg) of 186 degrees C.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
The Perfect Spool for High-Temp Applications
The filament's spools are made using PC in order to withstand high-temp materials making them ideal for drying filament once it absorbs moisture. Once the parts are printed with the PEI material, they will resist chemical degradation. This is why it is ideal for automotive and electrical applications.
Product Attributes Include:
- High thermal properties; (Tg) of 186°C
- Inherent flame resistance with low smoke evolution and low smoke toxicity
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Good resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aqueous solutions
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Color: Natural
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 350 - 380°C (all-metal extruder)
- Bed Temp: 140 - 160°C
- Bed Prep: PEI Tape, Lightly sanded FR4 or Perf board.
- Drying instructions: Dry at 120°C for at least 4 hours before use
- Other: No cooling fan, Print speeds of 1000mm/min (starting point)
ULTEM™ is a trademark of SABIC, or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers 3DXTech ThermaX PEI 9085 Blend 3D Filament - 1.75mm (0.5kg)? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.