Bondtech LGX Large Gears eXtruder, is the first of its kind, it's a Dual Drive extruder technology based on larger gears in a compact light design. Larger gears provide increased filament grip for a smoother experience when 3D Printing. Bondtech has also included new additional features to this extruder such as a filament pretension lever, multi-function interface socket, drive wheels maintenance windows, compact design, and multiple mounting options. Upgrade your 3D printer set up with this large gear extruder.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
Larger Drive wheels for increased filament grip
The Bondtech LGX's main feature is the Large gear, with more teeth in the gear it assists in engaging the filament as well as increasing the grip which in turn eliminates the risk of grinding your filaments. The larger drive feature design also prevents any damage from force-feeding filament to clogged or jammed hotends.
- E-steps value: 400 on 1/16 micro-stepping setups; 800 on 1/32 micro-stepping setups.
- Drive wheels: hardened steel
- Materials compatibility: abrasive; rigid; semi-flexible; flexible; and soft.
- Mounting holes: M3
- Mounting patterns: bottom anterior (2 points); left (2 points), right (2 points), front (4 points), back (4 points)
- Holes on the sides of the LGX™: 5 mm depth
- Holes on the bottom of the LGX™: 12 mm depth
- Max tightening torque on all screws is 0.3 Nm
- retraction speed : 35 mm/s
- retraction distance (bowden): ~5 mm (0.4 + tube length x 0.15)
- retraction distance (direct drive) for rigid materials : 0.4 mm
- retraction distance (direct drive) for soft materials : 3 mm
- Max Environment operating temperature: 70°C
- LGX™ DD net weight: 218.6 g
- LGX™ B net weight: 224 g
- Package measurements : 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight: 269 g
Download technical drawings here
Download stepper motor TDS (technical data sheet) here
What's in the box:
- 1 LGX™ feeder
- 1 Custom LDO Nema17 25mm pancake stepper motor
- 1 Bowden Interface Plug (with threaded metal push-fit)
- 1 Direct Drive Interface Plug (for Slice Engineering hotends)
- 1 2mm Hex Key (recommended tool)
- 3 M3x30 mm Low Head screws
- 4 M3x18 mm Stud with 5 Hex with M3x4 thread
- 30mm PTFE tube to use in the Direct Drive Interface Plug
- 1 Product Line Information Brochure
- 1 Powered By Bondtech sticker
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers Bondtech LGX Large Gears eXtruder? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.