Start 3D printing with real metal today with ColorFabb copperFill. CopperFill is made of real copper particles and PLA so it works with desktop 3D printers!
Searching for an authentic metallic look? No further investigation needed! colorFabb's copperFill filament is perfect for a rustic finish. To achieve a nice, smooth piece, all you need to do is print, sand, and polish!
MatterHackers is excited to be a U.S. authorized distributor for copperFill. This filament prints best with our E3D all-metal HotEnds.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
Sometimes here at MatterHackers we get a little bored printing with plastics. Thanks to ColorFabb's copperFill, we can shake things up a bit by printing with actual copper! At first, the copperFill appears to be laser sintered with a matte finish - fear not, for a little sanding and polishing allows the infused copper particles to sparkle unlike any filament that you have seen before!
Another great characteristic of copperFill is its weight - it's about three times heavier than standard PLA, which really adds to the authenticity of your prints. This is ideal if you are printing items like jewelry or other artistic pieces.
Before and after polishing
During production, ColorFabb copperFill uses laser measurment systems to confirm that the diameter of the filament is consistant - this guarantees that your printer is extruding the exact amount of filament that is should be.
Printing Tips and Tricks:
- Bed Adhesion: use blue painter's tape with no heat, or bare glass @ 55-60C; when printing straigh on the heated glass, use gluestick or kapton tape.
- Print Temp: 190-210C
- Because of copperFill's combination of PLA and copper fibers, heat will travel through the filament more efficiently - this means that the filament will heat more easily, and cool down faster when leaving the nozzle. (This is great for printing objects with an overhang)
- Density: ~4.0 g·cm^-3
Achieve a timeless look!
After the Print:
- Use coarse steel wool to polish the surface of the print. You can apply quite a bit of pressure but don’t polish a specific spot for too long - it can get hot and soften the material.
- After using the steel wool, the print should be shimmering and smooth, with no visible print lines.
- To acheive the darker, almost shadow like look in certain print, apply a very thin layer of black spray paint, and then immediately wipe it off with cloth. The paint will remain in the nooks and crannies of the details that you want to look enhanced.
- Finally, use a copper polish to get the piece to really shine!
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers ColorFabb copperFill Metal Filament - 2.85mm (0.75 kg)? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.