The Inventables Carvey is a desktop 3D Carving machine that features a fully-enclosed work area which contains noise as well as debris, to keep your workshop clean and quiet. Capable of working with a wide variety of materials from wood to soft metals and molding wax, the Carvey is ready to take on your next 3D project. The spindle operates at up to 12,000 RPM and can be configured to accept 1/8", 3/16" or 1/4" bits.
Fully enclosed work area keeps your desk clean and quiet
3D Carving can be noisy and messy, so Inventables has designed the Carvey with a full enclosure as part of the frame. This keeps any debris inside the machine and off your desk while the machine is working. After the job is finished, vacuuming debris away from your part is easy. From the enclosure to the spindle, the Carvey is also set up to be as quiet as possible. The door has rubber seals that help keep sound inside the machine and the custom, 12,000 RPM spindle was created with speed and noise reduction in mind.
You want to spend time making things, not calibrating your machine. The Carvey automatically calibrates itself and probes the build plate to learn where the material is. Material settings are integrated in the design software and loaded into the machine along with the G-code for your project. Create your design, select what material you are going to carve out of, and export your G-code to the Carvey over USB.
Many materials to choose from
The Carvey is a powerful 3D Carving machine, which provides you with the ability to create parts not only from wood or plastic, but also soft metals, linoleum, foam, and molding wax. Inventables design software includes programming for a wide variety of materials, so trying something new is easy. This flexibility means you can prototype a design in less expensive materials like wood or MDF and easily change over to aluminium or copper for the final piece.
- Spindle: 300 DC - 12,000 RPM
- ER-11 Collet accepts bits with a 1/8" shank, but can be switched to accommodate 3/16" or 1/4" shanks.
- Machine size: H: 16.6" W: 21.7" D: 20.5"
- Machine Weight: 70 lbs
- Work Area: W: 11.6" D: 8" H: 2.75"
- Accuracy: 0.003″
- Spindle runout: 0.001″
- Motor resolution: 0.001″ or greater on all axes
- Work area flatness: ±0.020″
- Control Software: Easel
What's in the box?
- Carvey 3D Carving Machine
- Smart corner clamp with auto z-zero
- Innovative side clamp system with three lengths of clamps (Qty 5 each) and two heights of clamp bases (Qty 5 each)
- (clamps work on material up to 3/4″ thick)
- Two wrenches
- A 1/16″ solid carbide bit