Inventables Inventables X-Carve Pro CNC System 4x4
The Inventables X-Carve Pro CNC System is the industrial-grade solution that delivers speed, accuracy, and rigidity at a small-business price. Go from concept to commerce in minutes (not months) with a quick <2 hour assembly time and intuitive CNC workflow.
- Available in 4x2 and 4x4 sizes
- Get the CNC machine, bits, dust collection system
- Includes 3 Years of Easel Pro
- 4x4 can carve 4x8 sheets
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email email@example.com.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
Increase Profits. Decrease Production Time
The Inventables X-Carve Pro is a high-speed, precise, and durable industrial-grade solution that features a 1.5kW air-cooled spindle and additional accessories that cover your standard CNC workflow needs—all available at a small-business price.
Key Features of the Inventables X-Carve Pro CNC System:
- Two Sizes Available: 4x4 or 4x2
- Save workspace with the 4x2 size
- Carve full 4x8 sheets on the 4x4 cutting area
- Simple Setup—assembly is <2 hours
- Compatible with any standard 120V outlet
- Software Included: 3 years of Easel Pro
- Features: 1.5kW air-cooled VFD spindle, 25mm Ball Screws, and Linear Guides
The Inventables X-Carve Pro is a complete, versatile CNC solution for cabinet, furniture, and built-in design that can be assembled quickly in less than 2 hours. Enable professional-level design and increase production with this easy-to-assemble system thanks to the following features:
- 4-ft. workable width for bigger, faster, and deeper carving
- Rigid aluminum gantry houses 25mm ball screws and linear guides for .001" accuracy
- Integrated 2hp (1.5kW) spindle and pre-programmed VFD (variable frequency drive) for more power and control
Drag and Drop Designing
X-Carve Pro comes with Inventables Easel Pro, the world's easiest CAD/CAM software designed to get you carving without the learning curve. An assortment of intuitive tools and templates are available to create digital renderings of your products. Easel Pro will auto-generate optimal CNC toolpaths to efficiently and accurately produce your products.
- 3-Years Easel Pro included
- Easel Pro imports existing G-Code, SVG, and DXF Files
- Optimized for the Inventables X-Carve series
- Compatible with +30 types of CNC machines
Carve Big With A Small Footprint
Save precious floorspace with Tiling, Easel Pro's software feature that lets you design as big as you need by telling your X-Carve Pro to carve section by section seamlessly.
- 4x2 Footprint: 65.75 x 31.6 x 25in3
- 4x4 Footprint: 65.75 x 55.75 x 25in3
- Carve infinite feet long, 4ft wide, and 4inches thick
- Dust shoe whisks away dust and debris for a well maintained, contained operating area
Bigger, Faster Jobs
The X-Carve Pro enables you to take on bigger projects and complete them faster than ever.
- Carve pieces bigger than the footprint of the X-Carve Pro using the Easel Pro's Tiling
- Air-cooled spindle with ER16 collet is compatible with bits up to 3/8" in
- Max cutting speed of 300" in/min
|Model||X Carve||X Carve Pro|
|Price||$2599||$5495 / $9495|
|Cutting Area||29.5 x 29.5in2||48 x 24in2 / 48 x 48in2|
|Machine Footprint||41 x 52 x 22in3||65.75 x 31.6 x 25in3 /
65.75 x 55.75 x 25in3
|Machine Weight||~100 lbs||~275lbs / ~300 lbs|
|Optimized for||• Beginner makers
• Small business startups
|• Aspiring established businesses
• Established businesses scaling
|Project Applications||Small Signs, Home Decor, Art||Furniture, Cabinets, Built-Ins,
|2hp (1,500W) spindle run by
a pre-programmed VFD
|Spindle RPM Range||10,000 - 30,000 RPM||12,000 - 24,000 RPM|
|Gantry||Belt drive with Delrin V-wheels X
and Y Precision linear bearings
with acme leadscrew Z
|High-precision 25mm ball screws
on X and Y axes linear guides on
all axes, 2x on X and Z axes
(Gantry is pre-assembled)
|Assembly Time||16 - 18 hrs||2 hrs|
What Materials Can I Carve With the Inventables X-Carve Pro?
The Inventables X-Carve Pro is equipped with a powerful 2hp (1.5kW) spindle and pre-programmed VFD (Variable Frequency Drive). This enables X-Carve Pro to carve a wide variety of different materials.
Here is a list of the materials compatible with X-Carve Pro.
|Wood & Wood Composites||Plastics||Non-Ferrous Metals1|
1 For optimal results in aluminum and non-ferrous metals, lubrication and tools specifically designed for metals are required.
Note: In order to achieve optimal results when carving, proper cut settings and chip removal are required. Inventables continues to test and refine cut settings for materials and will provide updated recommendations in Easel when available.
|HARDWARE||SOFTWARE||DUST COLLECTION SYSTEM|
• X-Carve Pro CNC Router 4x4
• Easel Pro Software
• Assembly Tools (8)
• Fein Vacuum - incredibly
|HARDWARE||SOFTWARE||DUST COLLECTION SYSTEM|
• X-Carve Pro CNC Router
• Easel Pro Software
• Assembly Tools (8)
• Fein Vacuum, Dust Deputy, and Adapter must be purchased separately
- Work Area (X Y Z):48in x 48in x 4in
- Footprint: 65.75in x 55.75in
- Weight:300lbs (approx)
- Work Area (X Y Z): 48in x 24in x 4in
- Footprint: 65.75in x 31.6in
- Weight: 275lbs (approx)
- Powder-coated aluminum
SPINDLE & COOLING
- Spindle Power: 2hp (1.5kW)
- VFD: Pre-Programmed
- Cooling: Air cooled
- RPM: From 1.5 kW spindle at 8000 - 24000 RPM
- Collet: ER16-A with ⅛" and ¼" collets integrated
- Accuracy: 0.001in
- Drive System: High-precision 25mm ball screws with linear guides
- Motors: NEMA-23 with 292 oz-in
- Gantry Clearance: 5in
- Includes: Dust shoe, hose, arm
- Connects To: Most standard vacuum systems
- Connectivity: USB
- Controller: Encased to minimize dust exposure; separate machine interface with Pause, Resume, and Reset button controls, Z-Probe connection point, and E-Stop capabilities
- 120VAC +/-10% @ 60Hz +/-5%
- Not compatible with GFI/GFCI outlets
- Easel Pro
- Included: 3 years
- Tiling: Seamlessly carve larger than the carvable area
- Graphics Library: 2 million+ royalty-free graphics
- Fusion360, SolidWorks, AutoCad, VCarve Pro, Aspire, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Wood/Wood Composites: Hardwoods, softwoods, MDF, plywoods, etc.
- Plastics: HDPE, Delrin®️, polycarbonate, acrylic, Corian®️, etc.
- Non-Ferrous Metals**: Aluminum, brass, copper, etc.
- Import File Types: G-Code, SVG, or DXF files from any software
What is the footprint of the X-Carve Pro?
- 4x4 model: 65.75 x 55.75 x 25in3
- 4x2 model: 65.75 x 31.6 x 25in3
What is the weight of the X-Carve Pro?
- 4x4 model: Approx. 300lbs
- 4x2 model: Approx. 275lbs
Is there an expander kit to turn my 4x2 into a 4x4?
Currently there is no offering for an expander kit to turn your 4x2 into a 4x4.
Is there an expander kit to turn my X-Carve into and X-Carve Pro?
Currently there is no offering for an expander kit to turn your X-Carve into an X-Carve Pro.
- The X-Carve and X-Carve Pro are two very different CNC machines. The X-Carve uses a router and belt drive system, while the X-Carve Pro has an included spindle and uses ball screws and linear guides. While it’s not possible to expand your X-Carve to an X-Carve Pro, many customers are looking forward to running both machines out of their shop.
What is the maximum size material that can be carved (length, width, thickness)?
The maximum size material that can be carved is infinite feet long, 4ft wide, and 4 inches thick.
Can I carve metal with it?
You can carve aluminum and other non-ferrous metals.
- For optimal results in aluminum and non-ferrous metals, lubrication and tools specifically designed for metals are required.
What materials can I carve?
The Inventables X-Carve Pro can carve plywood, hardwoods, softwoods, and MDF. It can carve plastics, including HDPE, Delrin®️, polycarbonate, acrylic, and Corian®️.* It can also carve Non-ferrous metals, including aluminum, brass, copper, etc.
- For optimal results in aluminum and non-ferrous metals, lubrication and tools specifically designed for metals are required. *In order to achieve optimal results when carving, proper cut settings and chip removal are required. Inventables continues to test and refine cut settings for materials and will provide updated recommendations in Easel when available.
How is the spindle cooled?
The spindle is air-cooled for easy setup and use.
Can I use my own spindle?
We do not recommend or support the use of your own spindle. The included 2hp (1.5Kw) spindle arrives ready to work with pre-programmed VFD (variable frequency drive).
Can I attach a laser?
Inventables does not have any plans down the line to support anything besides a router head for X-Carve Pro.
- There are some people making these modifications to their machines but they are considered unsupported upgrades, are not covered by and will likely void the 1-year limited warranty that comes with X-Carve Pro.
Can I import files from another program?
Yes, as long as your program can export standard G-Code, SVG, or DXF files, the X-Carve Pro will work with other CAD/CAM software options.
Can I run Easel Pro on multiple machines?
Yes. With the Machine Profiles feature, you can move your computer from machine to machine.
Do I need Internet access to use Easel and X-Carve Pro?
Internet access is required to load and save Easel projects. Internet access is not required to work with a project once loaded or to connect to your machine and carve a project. If you do make changes to an Easel project while working offline, you will need to re-connect to the Internet to save them before closing the tab/window that the project is running in.
Will I be automatically billed after my 3-year upgrade to Easel Pro runs out?
No, you will not be automatically billed. Instead, we will send you a reminder so you can update your payment method and avoid disrupting your subscription.
What happens to my Easel Pro account after 3 years?
When your 3 years of included Easel Pro runs out, you will need to have a valid payment method stored on your account for it to renew. Otherwise, your account will become an Easel Free account. We do not delete or destroy any projects, so if that happens (accidentally or on purpose), you'll just need to enter a valid payment method to be restored to an Easel Pro experience again.
Can I test out Easel Pro before purchasing the X-Carve Pro?
A free 30-day trial of Easel Pro can be accessed via sign up here.
How will the X-Carve Pro be delivered?
It will ship via LTL freight in several boxes on a pallet with lift gate service included through our carrier. The size of the pallet is estimated around 72" x 48" x 50".
How much will shipping cost?
Shipping for the X-Carve Pro alone has a flat rate of $480.52 for the lower 48 states. Shipping to Alaska is $1205.16 and Hawaii is $1012.30. Additional shipping fees will apply for US Territories.
What size workbench do you recommend for the machine?
We recommend 6’x6’ for the 4x4 and 6’x3’ for the 4x2.
What is included with my X-Carve Pro order?
Your X-Carve Pro bundle includes 3 years of Easel Pro, 1 year limited warranty, controller, external controller (with start, stop, pause buttons), dust control system (hose, shoe, and arm), Z-probe, clamp sets (2), a planing bit, a ¼” high-speed steel 2 flute upcut spiral bit, a ¼” shank V-bit, and assembly tools (4ft level, allen key set, torque wrench, metric hex bit set, metric socket set, 17mm wrench, square).
How long does it take to assemble the X-Carve Pro?
It takes less than 2 hours to assemble the X-Carve Pro.
I need a different payment method (purchase order, split payments, etc.). What other options do you offer?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about other payment methods we may accept.
What if I order and need to cancel?
Please email us at email@example.com or call us at (800) 613-4290 (Mon - Fri, 9AM - 5PM PST) and our Customer Success team will assist you with your order.
Do you offer discounts for purchasing multiple X-Carve Pros?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about any bulk purchase, EDU, military, government, etc. discounts we may offer on particular products.
When will my credit card be billed?
Your credit card will be billed once you place your order.
Where can this be shipped?
Currently we only ship to US addresses, including US territories and military bases.
Could I add an extended warranty later?
Extended warranties can be added no later than 10 months from the date of purchase for the X-Carve Pro.