Ultimaker is known for leading the 3D printing industry with its extremely high-quality and reliable 3D printers. The Ultimaker S5 Dual Extrusion Large-Format 3D Printer is designed for professionals, educators, and creators everywhere that require a dependable 3D printer with a large build volume, and the ability to 3D print with two different materials at once. Improved mechanical and electrical components allow the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer to be a 24/7 digital manufacturing workhorse that maximizes uptime. The Ultimaker S5 3D Printer is compatible with all of the swappable Ultimaker Print Cores so you can customize your nozzle setup and unlock 3D printing with a wide range of materials. Operation of the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer is simple and enjoyable thanks to the many quality-of-life features found on this machine. Check out the Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle to add the Ultimaker Air Manager and the Ultimaker Material Handling Station to your Ultimaker S5 Dual Extrusion Large-Format 3D Printer for the ultimate 3D printing experience and configuration!
Please note: This product listing refers to a refurbished, open box unit - see below for condition descriptions.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
Refurbished A Stock Description:
- Fully functional printer, professionally inspected and tested
- Used, like new condition: Like new condition refers to functionality, not appearance
- Box may have some wear and tear
- May contain minor cosmetic blemishes
- Printer cores installed may not be new, but fully functional
- A nonessential item may be missing (thumb drive etc.)
- Comes with a 6 month warranty
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call if you have questions regarding this machine.
THE ULTIMAKER S5 FLAUNTS A GENEROUS BUILD VOLUME AND CLEAN DUAL EXTRUSION 3D PRINTING
Ultimaker's innovative dual extrusion system allows 3D printing with two materials at once so that you can utilize multiple colors or support materials like PVA or HIPS alongside your build materials. Dissolvable support materials like PVA allow you to create complex 3D printed parts without the need for breakaway supports. The printhead on the Ultimaker S5 3D printer features an articulating nozzle-lifting system that will physically raise the nozzle up and out of the way when it is not extruding. This allows users to achieve cleaner 3D printed parts without the “stringing” commonly associated with dual extrusion 3D printing. The Ultimaker S5 3D Printer also features a spacious build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8 inches). Create large, technical 3D printed parts that are ready for end-use, or 3D print multiple parts on one build plate to maximize efficiency for production and prototyping.
INTERCHANGEABLE PRINT CORES UNLOCK A WIDE RANGE OF 3D PRINTING MATERIALS
The Ultimaker S5 Dual Extrusion Large-Format 3D Printer utilizes easily-swappable Ultimaker "Print Cores" (aka hotends) which allow users to customize their Ultimaker S5’s printhead to suit their specific needs. Each Ultimaker Print Core is configured with nozzles and components which have specific geometry so that they are optimized for different material types. That means that you can expect greater reliability from your Ultimaker S5 3D Printer, and fewer failed prints. Currently, there are three different Ultimaker Print Cores available:
- The Ultimaker Print Core AA is designed for 3D printing with standard materials such as PLA filament, ABS filament, CPE/PETG, Nylon, and more!
- The Ultimaker Print Core BB is designed for use with dissolvable support materials such as PVA and HIPS.
- The Ultimaker Print Core CC features an Olsson Ruby Nozzle for printing with abrasive materials like NylonX or NylonG.
The Ultimaker S5 Dual Extrusion Large-Format 3D printer is much larger than either of its predecessors, flaunting a build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8 inches).
EXPERIENCE PROFESSIONAL AND RELIABLE 3D PRINTING WITH THE ULTIMAKER S5
Building on their experience, industry feedback and the market need to for a large-format dual extrusion digital fabrication machine that can be used by professionals and hobbyists alike--and still fit on a workbench or desktop--Ultimaker created the Ultimaker S5 Dual Extrusion Large-Format 3D Printer. With two glass front doors to control airflow and a 4.7” full-color LED touchscreen to control the machine’s operation, you can 3D print like never before. In addition, the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer comes with an improved filament feed system and dual filament flow sensors. In the event of a power outage, or if you accidentally run out of 3D printing filament to either nozzle, you can resume your 3D print job right where it left off. The heated build plate features advanced active bed leveling, which will contribute to excellent first layers, peace of mind throughout the entire 3D printing process, and fantastic results. The extruder components on the Ultimaker S5 Dual Extrusion Large-Format 3D Printer are machined from hardened steel, making them more suitable for abrasive filaments, which pairs perfectly with the Ultimaker Print Core CC. The Ultimaker S5's dependability and 3D print quality provide a top-of-the-line consumer experience.
The large build volume of the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer allows professionals and engineers to 3D print actual end-use parts.
THE ULTIMAKER S5 IS A DIGITAL FABRICATION WORKHORSE DESIGNED FOR EVERYONE
Operation of the Ultimaker S5 Dual Extrusion Large-Format 3D Printer is simple and intuitive. The Ultimaker S5 3D Printer's 4.7-inch touchscreen gives even more control over the settings of any 3D printing project. From new to advanced users, the improved user interface guides explain configuration changes for different materials, maintenance requirements, and it displays a visual preview of the 3D printed project. You can print remotely over Wi-Fi directly to your Ultimaker S5 via Cura or the Ultimaker Cloud. Of course, you can still initiate a 3D print in person using a USB flash drive with the USB port on the front of the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer. Feel free to check on your 3D print job’s progress at any time using the built-in live camera on the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer. You can also download the Ultimaker app to monitor your 3D prints in real-time wherever you are!
The two glass front doors on the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer can be used to control air flow and create a physical barrier against the hot printhead components.
THE FREEDOM TO USE ANY 3D PRINTING FILAMENT WITH THE ULTIMAKER S5
Selecting the correct material and using the proper 3D print settings for that material is paramount to success with your 3D printed parts. Luckily, the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer boasts an “open filament system” which allows users to 3D print with any 2.85mm 3D printing filament. To remove the guesswork around which 3D print settings to use for a given material, and to enable success the first time with that material, the Ultimaker Marketplace and Cura contain an extensive library of print profiles. Experience the freedom to choose the right material for your application, and even create ready-to-use parts with engineering-grade polymers and composites. If you choose to use Ultimaker’s first-party materials, you will be able to benefit from the NFC-chip recognition system. This allows Ultimaker brand spools of 3D printer filament to be automatically detected by the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer which will double-check that you are using the proper slice settings for that specific material.
Feel free to check on your 3D print job’s progress at any time using the built-in live camera on the Ultimaker S5 3D Printer.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- Glass Plate (already installed)
- Spool Holder with Material Guide
- Power Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- USB Stick
- 2 x Ultimaker Print Core AA 0.4 (one Print Core AA is already installed)
- 1 x Ultimaker Print Core BB 0.4 (already installed)
- XY Calibration Sheet - Glass Plate
- Calibration Card
- 3 x Nozzle Cover
- 750g Ultimaker Black Tough PLA
- 750g Ultimaker PVA Support Material
- Glue Stick
- Hex Screwdriver 2mm
The Ultimaker S5 3D Printer is large enough to create batches of end-use parts, but still small enough to fit comfortably on a workbench or desktop.
- Print technology: Fused filament fabrication (FFF)
- Build Volume: 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.5 x 11.8 inches)
- Compatible filament diameter: 2.85mm
- Weight: 20.6 kg (45.4 lbs)
- Layer Resolution: Up to 20 microns for 0.4 mm nozzle
- Maximum Print Temperature: Up to 280°C
- Nozzle heat-up time: < 2 minutes
- Maximum build plate temperature: Up to 140°C
- Build plate heat-up time: < 4 minutes (from room temperature)
- Dual Extrusion and compatible with Soluble Support Material (while using the Ultimaker Print Core BB)
- Maximum power output: 500W
- Heated Build Plate with advanced active leveling
- Feeder type: Dual-geared feeder, reinforced for composite materials
- Display: 4.7” color touchscreen
- Compatible with Ultimaker swappable Print Cores
- Print head: dual extrusion print head with an auto-nozzle lifting system
- Compatible nozzle diameters: 0.25mm, 0.4mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm
- Build speed: < 24 cubic mm/s
- Operating sound: < 50 dBA
- Supported OS: macOS, Windows, and Linux
- File transfer: Wi-Fi, LAN, USB.
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers Refurbished Ultimaker S5 Dual Extrusion Large-Format 3D Printer *A Stock*? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.