The perfect DIY project! Why build your own 3D printer? When you build it yourself you have an innate understanding of the fundamentals of 3D printing. This increases your capability to build and create anything you can imagine! Assemble this printer and start building your dreams!
Stop dreaming and start doing with the Velleman K8200 3D printer kit. Sure, you've been investigating 3D printing for a while now. But now is the time to take action and start building and creating custom parts, household goods, or anything else you can imagine! In the days of old intro level 3D printers used to cost upwards of $3,000. Now we are pleased to offer the Velleman K8200 3D printing kit for an industry low price point of $599 (with free shipping). This is your chance to be a part of the 3D printing revolution and to start creating the products that you use every day. The Velleman K8200 is an incredibly sturdy and accurate 3D printing machine which will act as a workhorse for you for years to come. This printer is the perfect summer project (will probably take you 10-20 hours to assemble). By assembling your own 3D printer you gain a deep and functional level of understanding of the mechanics of 3D printing. This puts you at a distinct advantage when 3d printing because you know how to optimize your prints and how to make adjustments to get the most accurate prints possible. Now is the time to take action and purchase your very own DIY 3D printer kit by Velleman. Order before 1:00 PM PST and we will ship it out the same business day via priority mail (that means you will get your printer 2-3 days after ordering).
- Prints in PLA and ABS
- Linear ball bearings: 8 and 10 mm (0.314" and 0.393")
- Technology: FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
- Power supply: 15 V / 6,6A max.
- FTDI USB 2.0 to Serial
- Dimensions of printable area: 20 x 20 x 20cm / 7.87 x 7.87 x 7.87"
- Typical printing speed: 120 mm/s
- Maximum print speed: 150 to 300 mm/s (depending on the object to be printed)
- Extrusion nozzle: 0.5 mm
- Extrusion thermistor: NTC 100K
- Extruded aluminum profiles: 27.5 mm / 1.08" wide
- Movement: 4 NEMA 17 stepper motors
- Nominal mechanical resolution:
- X and Y: 0.015 mm / 590.55 µin (smallest step the printing plate can move in the X and Y direction)
- Z: 0.781 µm / 30.74 µin(smallest step the printing plate can move in the Z direction)
- Nominal printing resolution:
- Wall thickness (X,Y): 0.5 mm / 0.019"
- Layer thickness (Z): 0.20 - 0.25 mm / 0.0078 - 0.0098"
- Width: 50cm / 19.7"
- Depth: 42cm / 16.5"
- Height: 62cm / 24.4"
- Weight: 9Kg / 19.84lbs
- Software: MatterControl
- Included: 5m PLA black sample
At MatterHackers we pride ourselves on offering friendly service, advice, and support. Our prices are always the lowest in the industry when you factor in our free shipping for every item on the MatterHackers site (including 3D printers). Most of all, our staff is friendly and knowledgeable. They have been 3D printing for several years now and are happy to answer your 3D printing questions. Have a question about the amazing capabilities of your new Shapeoko CNC Router? No problem. Feel free to give us a call.
In short, buying a 3D printer from MatterHackers is a holistic experience. We are here to partner with you through every step of your 3D printing journey. Additionally, we have all of the PLA, ABS, and Specialty Filament that you could ever need to design anything you can imagine.
Please note that printer kits are not returnable after having been opened and worked on. If there is a problem with the packaging or damage during shipment please return the product immediately, otherwise a return will not be offered after assembly.