The HardCore Print Core from 3D Solex is an Ultimaker specific Print Core with hardened steel nozzles capable of extruding materials like NylonX or PRO Series Carbon Fiber PLA without wearing down. This kit includes 2 complete 3D Solex Hardcore Hotends, 6 ICE steel nozzles, 2 Everlast Nozzles, and everything required to change between them.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
EXPAND THE MATERIALS COMPATIBILITY OF YOUR ULTIMAKER
The Ultimaker 3 series and the Ultimaker S5 3D Printers are known for being highly reliable and user-friendly 3D printers, utilizing 3D Solex’s Hardcore Print Core you can now bring your designs to life with abrasive materials such as NylonX, NylonG, or Carbon Fiber PRO Series PLA. The Black Edition Print Core comes with 2 complete 3D Solex Hardcore Hotends, 6 Hard Core Nozzles, 2 Everlast Ruby Nozzles, and all of the tools needed to change between them.
3D Solex's Hardcore Print Core Black Edition was designed to be a drop-in replacement for the standard Ultimaker UM3-S5 Print Core
- (1) Hard Core Print Core - 0.40mm Nozzle – Black Edition
- (1) Hard Core Print Core - 0.80mm Nozzle – Black Edition
- (3) ICE Steel Nozzles – 0.40mm
- (3) ICE Steel Nozzles – 0.80mm
- (1) Everlast Ruby Hardcore Nozzle – 0.40mm
- (1) Everlast Ruby Hardcore Nozzle – 0.60mm
- (1) Nozzle changing kit
HOW TO SWAP THE DIFFERENT NOZZLES
The number one rule when changing 3D printer nozzles is to always do so with the hotend heated. Trying to change nozzles cold will always lead to broken components and broken hearts. Changing nozzles on the HardCore Print Core is interesting as you need to have the print core removed from the machine to do the swap. Here is the procedure for correctly changing nozzles without damaging any components:
- Ensure the nozzle is clean by performing a cold pull on the print core
- Heat the Print Core to 160°C
- Shut the Ultimaker 3 down using the switch on the back
- Remove the HardCore - BE CAREFUL - the core is heated at this stage
- Mount the core in the included jig and ensure the heater block is seated in the square wrench
- Using the included nozzle wrench, remove the nozzle from the heater block - being very careful with the hot components
- Install the new nozzle and tighten it down with the nozzle wrench
- You're done! Be sure to update your slicer settings with the new nozzle size.
Please note that the 3D Solex Hardcore Print Core is coded as, and will be recognized as, an Ultimaker AA Core.