3DXSTAT ESD-Flex TPU is an engineering-grade thermoplastic favored for its balance of excellent flexibility, ESD-Safety, ease of printing, chemical resistance, and toughness. This blend has been formulated to offer ESD-Safe electrical conductivity with a target surface resistance of 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
BENEFITS OF 3DXSTAT ESD-FLEX TPU
- High elongation, over 300%
- Shore 95A semi-flex hardness
- Ease of printing compared to similar flexible materials
- Excellent layer bonding
- Outstanding fatigue resistance
- Very low odor while printing
- Low moisture absorption
- Retains flexibility even at low temperatures
- Styrene and BPA free
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
WHAT APPLICATIONS IS 3DXSTAT BLACK ESD-FLEX SUITABLE FOR?
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
WHAT IS THE TARGET CONDUCTIVITY FOR 3DXSTAT ESD-FLEX?
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently, not to mention varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how ESD Flex filament works in your specific printer and application.
Surface Conductivity as a Function of Extruder Temperature:
- The surface resistance of the printed ESD Flex part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
- Filament Specifications: 1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 40-60°C
- Bed Prep:Magigoo
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 4 hours.
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers 3DXTech 3DXSTAT Black ESD-FLEX TPU Filament - (0.75kg)? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.